Silk Elements Line Question

LexaKing

Hey ladies,

So Ive always loved the silk elements line, everything from their conditioners to their relaxers. I had a family member send me some silk elements conditioner in the mail (since it's hard to get certain products where I live) and she sent me the Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise. I have tried other Silk Element conditioners but not this one. I was mainly curious about whether this is a moisturizing conditioner or a light/heavy protein conditioner (I think it is protein). Either way Im going to use it but I wanted to know it I can use it every week for my DC...?

Also, how do you feel about Silk Elements? What products of theirs do you like?

Last edited:
I was just about to write a post about Silk Elements.

Ladies, is there anyway to buy Silk Elements in Manhattan? I think it's just a Sally Beauty supply line, and we don't have one in Manhattan :(. Not trying to order online...

Menina Preta It is an amazing line! But I dont know if I've ever seen it outside of Sally's... I usually try to stock up on it when I see it, especially the Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner cause its the bomb! What are you using by Silk Elements?I think I may have seen it once in a smaller local hair shop, but it's always a good price on Amazon if you ever decided to look online :yep:

Menina Preta It is an amazing line! But I dont know if I've ever seen it outside of Sally's... I usually try to stock up on it when I see it, especially the Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner cause its the bomb! What are you using by Silk Elements?I think I may have seen it once in a smaller local hair shop, but it's always a good price on Amazon if you ever decided to look online :yep:

I haven't used anything by it, b/c I haven't seen it yet (haven't looked too hard either, just started looking last Sat, LOL). I may take the plunge and order. But I need to get a list of Sally only products that I want to try to justify the shipping and handling.

Menina Preta Most of their products have trial size packets for 99 cents. So that way you can play around with the brand and see what you like without spending to much. Hope that helps!

I love the Silk Elements line i have the Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner, the Mega Silk Moisturizing Treatment, Mega Silk moisturizing Leave in and the Silk Elements Megasilk Heat Protectant and i love all them:)

love the mega olive conditioning treatment by silk elements. Their thermal proction spray isn't bad either

I have never used any of the line, but thinking about trying the silk elements relaxer for my next touch up. I have heard really good things about the relaxer line.

I love Silk Elements. I used Silk Elements from the beginning of my hair journey and my hair felt great for it. I love the Mega Silk Leave-In. I love that it is very moisturizing and has a very nice clean scent. I also love the deep conditioner. I really haven't tried anything from Silk Elements that I didn't like. I don't use them anymore. I really don't know why. I might have to go back to them though. They never ceased to make my hair feel amazing.

I love the Silk Elements line i have the Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner, the Mega Silk Moisturizing Treatment, Mega Silk moisturizing Leave in and the Silk Elements Megasilk Heat Protectant and i love all them:)

I agree with this whole post. I bought SE on a whim because I was going to straighten my hair and needed a good spray and deep conditioner. I walked out of there with everything from the shampoo to the deep conditioning treatment lol.

And when I tell you I am just shocked and surprised that this line is going well for my hair I am serious. I am even surprised that my hair responds to the shampoo. Usually, shampoos with sulfates dry out my natural hair. This one doesn't seem to. Maybe it's because I'm using the entire line. I don't know but whatever it is, it's working!

I have Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment and Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Conditioner. I'm not hyped about either and I have large sizes of both. :sad: I bought them because everyone and their mother on this site seems to like them but I just find them mediocre. Drugstore stuff has my hair feeling better than this. :look: LexaKing, are you using them in a special way? Like leaving it on overnight or using it with heat? I REALLY want to like this product line and I know that I've liked products after leaving them alone for a while or trying them a different way.

Last edited:
I have Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment and Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Conditioner. I'm not hyped about either and I have large sizes of both. :sad: I bought them because everyone and their mother on this site seems to like them but I just find them mediocre. Drugstore stuff has my hair feeling better than this. :look: @LexaKing, are you using them in a special way? Like leaving it on overnight or using it with heat? I REALLY want to like this product line and I know that I've liked products after leaving them alone for a while or trying them a different way.

im not inlove with the olive oil line but i love the original especially on dry hair:grin:

My hair is natural, and I really like the silk elements line. I've used the Olive Oil versions of their products, and they work really well for me. Now I'm going to try the regular versions. I like that their scents are very clean smelling.

I used the Silk Elements Olive Oil Megasilk conditioner last night for a co wash. I DC last night on dry hair first before co-washing. My hair was very soft and silky. I'll be keeping this one in my rotation!

Aireen I don't think I do anything special.... I usually put the conditoner through my shampooed hair in sections, and comb through my hair with a wide tooth comb. Then I put a plastic cap on and wrap a hot wet towel on top to help it penetrate. I leave mine on for 15 mins (or however long Im in the shower). But like you said, its better to try it in different ways because you might find out it works for you great in another way. Try it with heat or on dry hair overnight. HTH :look:

I just used the Silk Elements Mayo treatment and my hair feels soft, SUPER STRONG and MOISTURIZED! It has wonderful slip :) The consistency is thick, kinda like mayonnaise, but I like that. It may be my new protein conditioner :)

I can no longer find the silk elements permanent dye!!! :mad: :sad: This is the only dye that left my hair feeling / looking healthy! I’m so disappointed!

Back