Silk Drops to protect my ends from a relaxer?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm relaxing my hair tonight, would Silk Drops be okay to use on my ends? It's a shine serum that has a lot of cones in it........

I know of a few ladies who add silk and love their results. I add silk to my hair prior to relaxing and I love its outcome.

Thanks for responding!

Do you use silk amino acids on your ends to protect them? I have some in my drawer, but haven't used it yet

I know of a few ladies who add silk and love their results. I add silk to my hair prior to relaxing and I love its outcome.

Which product do you use? I've got the biosilk therapy (with alcohol) so I'm hesitant to use it.

I use pure Silk Amino Acids that I got from Lotioncrafter or Liquid Silk that I got from TheSage.com. Very nice results with them. I also add oil and Neutral Protein Filler to my relaxers with excellent results. My hair is much better condition post relaxer since I have been doing this. :yep:

I use to use CHI Silk Infusion or Cantu Silk Shine on my length while relaxing. They work excellent, as well.

What is this? Who makes it?

I got it from Walgreens, it's made by Special Effects. I can't post a link from my phone, but I'm sure you could look it up on the Walgreens website :yep: It's a clear bottle with purple lettering and a purple top.

The description says: Silk Drops smoothing serum smoothes, conditions and shines. Silk smooth polishing formula instantly makes hair silky, smooth and shiny. Conditions and detangles dry, damaged hair, prevents frizz, and helps prevent breakage.

Can I say that I :love2: this stuff? It does everything it claims. I put it on after my leave in and although my leave in gives my hair SUPER softness and slip, when I put on the Silk Drops my hair feels unbelievable. I'll never, ever be without it.

Last edited:
Back