Silk Base Closure Delivery

Carmelella

I know in the past silk base closure has had some delivery issues, hence why it took me so long to order it. Well they musta fixed whatever system was wrong because I ordered on 10/5 and received it today Priority mail. so that is 9 mailing days (i ordered wednesday night and didn't count sunday) Not bad.

Unfortunately during this time i got my hair styled (yesterday) so I wont be able to try it out for another 6-8 weeks.

I bought a 12 inch front closure, straight hair.

Color:nThe color is a dark chocolate brown. Very nice.. not too black,.. not too bright brown. A lil more brown than a Bobby Boss 1b. No dolly look

Length: They are generous with the lengths. Mine looks like a 13-
14inches.

Texture: Nice and soft. Too soon to say if it tangles but it doesn't seem like it will.

Density: Just right. Doesn't look like a bush but will cover your front area very nicely.

Parting: It does part in every direction, but right out the bag it has that wrapped hair effect. You know when you wrap your hair and the hair opposite the side you wrapped doesn't want to go back to laying down. I think this hair has that too and just needs a lil "training". maybe part the hair how you would like it and then secure it overnight that way (bobby pins, scarf).

Scalp: I'm a light brown skinned girl. Not light of enough to be "redbone", lol) but lighter than an average brown crayon :lol: I found the scalp to be a close match to mine, but just a shade or two too light. I would stain it with tea bags just to get a better match.

Knots (scalp): I dont see or feel any on the scalp

Curl: didn't curl it yet

Installation: didn't install yet

Shed: When i pull on it VERY VERY hard i still dont get any sheds

Main concern: parting it

Update in a month or two when i install.

Carmelella Im natural and was always curious about these closures.So when your weaved up do you barids your hair entirely and then sew the closure on top? How do you get the very front (Hair line) to stay down and blend? im very dark skinned ( Mac NW50) so i dont think i would need to bleach the base lighter, i might actually need it darker, how would i go about doing that? (exhale, inhale) and also if i buy the closure from that site would i also have to buy the rest of the weave hair from there or can i by my own straight weave hair?
sorry for all the questions lol

@Carmelella Im natural and was always curious about these closures.So when your weaved up do you barids your hair entirely and then sew the closure on top? How do you get the very front (Hair line) to stay down and blend? im very dark skinned ( Mac NW50) so i dont think i would need to bleach the base lighter, i might actually need it darker, how would i go about doing that? (exhale, inhale) and also if i buy the closure from that site would i also have to buy the rest of the weave hair from there or can i by my own straight weave hair?
sorry for all the questions lol

This would be my first time installing it so no past experience but i believe you braid up all of your hair except maybe a few "baby hair" at the hair line to help blend. It actually even comes with some baby hairs of its own to help with this effect :lol: but i think i'll cut em off cuz they are on some Chilli from TLC level.:lachen:

Scalp color,..if you're dark skin you will definitely need to dye it darker,.. i'm medium-light and will have to dye it a little as well. I've heard of using steeped tea bags to dye it... the longer u let it sit, the darker it gets and then rinse it. some people just color it a lil with a eyeliner pencil. And now i'm wondering if using a pointy brush with foundation powder will work. I know bare minerals has staying power and wouldn't leave a residue on the hair.

and i don't think you would have to buy the rest of the hair from the seller. It has a similar feel and glow to it from other hair i have bought. (bobbi boss and remi velvet .. i dont rec remi velvet). If you're committed to buying this closure i say plan ahead. buy the closure and then shop around trying to match the rest of the hair. If all fails, buy the rest of the hair from the seller. I would just give it 10-14 days to get to you.

Back