• I ONLY USE Ceramides on MY hair?

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I use both SAA's & Ceramides..... won't be without

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • forget all that stuff

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Most wheat germ oils have to be refrigerated after opening, or they loose all their goodness that we want in our hair. Unless you have a huge refrigerator that can accomodate a container this size, I would say consider your storage space first before you buy. You can't beat the price however! I paid 10.00 for my little 8 ozs. from the Vitamin shoppe.

Just replenished my stock of SAA.

Once a week, I use the SAA in liquid form (spritz bottle), on dry hair. Next, I add Keracare Humecto conditioner as a pre-poo and proceed to steam, shampoo, rinse, blow dry, and style. I love the shine it produces.

Last edited:
Can you buy SAA at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC?

I have WGO,

If you put SAA in your relaxer does it affect its strength?

i bought SAA in powder form im eager to try it

how much should i add to a 250ml bottle i have no idea on percents etc :look::look:

Can you buy SAA at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC?

I have WGO,

If you put SAA in your relaxer does it affect its strength?
maybe someone will answer..... but i remember this lawyer on hairlista that researchers alot.... she's working on a hair line as well... she swears by SAA in her relaxers, and she's not texlaxed, she lives for it

also this tracyee from kiss mentioned she uses them in her relaxer (in a video)

I've used SAA (Amazon.com: Smooth 'N Shine Therapy Silk Fusion Repair X-Treme Leave-In Treatment: Health & Personal Care) in my DC. This was recommended by SuperGirl. I've only used SAA how she suggested...that's within my DC. I'm not sure why she doesn't use her's as a leave-in. I might drop her PM to ask her and will update you all with the details. I also use 1tbsp ceramides within my DC. I typically use hemp or wheat germ. My hair feels softer with the ceramides added in. The jury is still out on the benefit of the Silk Fusion.

My experience with SAA is that I only need a little. I've used in both my deep conditioner and leave-in. I like it better in my leave-in 'cause I could see the results in my rollerset. If I used too much, however, I could also notice. My hair came out a little stiffer, almost like I used too much protein or something.

Ceramides are just awesome. There's nothing more I need to say.

My Steam Treatment recipe:

1. - Spray dry hair with distilled water to dampen
2. - Spray SAA on hair (hair is sectioned in 4 to ensure even coating)
3. - Oil hair with either hemp seed oil (or sunflower; or a mix of hemp, sun, & ricebran)

For those who use WGO how do you like it compared to EVCO or EVOO or your regular/previous EO?

For those who use WGO how do you like it compared to EVCO or EVOO or your regular/previous EO?
for me it gave my hair kick arse strength.... i blogged a little about it yesterday

coconut harden's my hair, and olive oil softens my hair (extremely)..... but i notice strength like never before from that stankin arse wgo:perplexed

Lucia I still use EVCO but I find I only use a drop, much much less than I'd used before the ceramides. So I'd say because of the ceramides I retain moisture and shine and I don't need a lot of product to keep my hair moisturized.

I've only used WGO, Hemp and/or EVOO in my DCs. I seal with EVCO. So in comparison between WGO, Hemp and EVOO, I think Hemp softens my hair better, second to that is WGO and honestly, I don't think EVOO does much for my hair but I continue to use it because I know it's one of the few EOs that penetrate the hair.

i had some liquid saa and put it in my poo, condish, leave-in and hair butter and gel and i didn't see any difference......on the other hand i can't live without ceramides and the occasional hardcore protein treatment! aubrey organics condishes do me right cause of the wheat germ oil!!!

I have never seen saa in stores or vitamin shoppe but lotioncrafter.com have decent prices on it and other cosmetics ingredient for those who make their own products.

Mountain Rose Herbs(mountainroseherbs.com) has Wheat Germ Oil and Hemp Seed Oil for those who aren't able to find it locally.

Back