Silicone mix, Lacio Lacio, Salerm21???

MsDeeD

Are any of you ladies still using any of these products, I have not seen any mention of any of these products lately. I know Lacio Lacio has changed it's formula a bit that some of you were no longer pleased with this product. But how about Salerm21/b5 I suppose is another change. If your still using these products how do you like the results with the changes. I want to use for leave-ins for rollersets, so in your opinion which product is best for this style. Now silicone mix conditioner, how are you ladies using this. Also is the silicone mix leave in worthy of a try.

There were just two or three threads this week about Silicon Mix. Many people still use it (I do, 2). I like Lacio Lacio, but I have never used the version with the mink oil, but I plan on buying some in June (after the no buy challenge). I also have seen a number of threads recently re: Salerm, a lot of ladies still use it.

I still use Salerm21 and still love it as a leave in. I used up almost all of my conditioners, so I am just about to order some more silicone mix for summer.

I own all three. The silicon mix was alright. Nothing to write home about. Used it as a deep conditioner. It does smell good but after a while the smell was TOO strong and i started getting woozy under the dryer from it.

Love Salerm and Lacio. They both work well as leave-ins. No complaints.

I think Silicon Mix results may depend on your hair type and whether or not you're relaxed or natural. SM is a staple for me after I'm at least 4 wks post texlax and it's slip city. I use it for DC's, and CWs every now and then. Sometimes I'll even use the capilar tratamiento as a leave in. I've noticed most people that don't have success with it are fully relaxed or using on freshly relaxed hair. Just a theory. I've only used Lacio2 w/mink oil, didn't repurchase after the U.S. formula changed. I like Salerm and was one of the 1st leave ins I bought when I was transitioning to products used at my Dominican Salon.

I use Salerm 21 w/ B5 when I airdry or do braid outs.
I use Lacio for rollersets.
I use Silicon Mix when I'm 5 or more weeks post. It really does help with the new growth. The scent is VERY strong though. The last time I used it, I was pleased with the results but the scent + my allergies was torture.

I just ran out of my Salerm 21 that I use as a leave-in. I haven't tried the one with B5 yet. I really like Salerm 21 and wish I could find it locally.

I've used all three, but I currently have only my favorite in my hair care product stash (Salerm 21). I love it. I just don't keep talking about it on the forum though unless someone asks about it.

Silicone Mix is a staple of mine. It works very well as a detangler for me. I love the smell!

I have not tried the other product but plan to in the future.

I used lacio lacio until I tried salerm 21 b5. I have used both lacio lacios and to the one without mink oil I added a little castor oil to the bottle and had the same results as the mink oil one. I prefer salerm because it is thicker, so I can use sparingly. The lacio lacio would run through my hands and I had to use more. My rollersets come out light shiny airy and more moisturized with salerm. My hair did get too weighed down once with lacio lacio. I agree with the statement that the best one for you may depend on your individual hair.

I love silicon mix leave in for the summer. I bought the treatment as a possible last resort to use on my new growth but ended up not using it. I will probably try it when touchup time comes again.

I have been using silicon mix along with 2 other conditioning agents, all mixed together as a semi deep conditioning treatment, and usually use lacio lacio with infusium 23 for a leave in to set my hair. If my hair needs protein I will occasionally use salerm 21, but I am no longer as crazy about it.

I recently tried the silicon mix by avanti and I think its okay. It does smell like baby powder to me and goes on the hair okay. But once my hair dries it just has a weird feeling to it. After I finish this container dont think ill be purchasing it again.

I like the Silicon Mix Leave In conditioner. It makes my hair so soft, and of course gives lots of slip.

The Silicon Mix DC, is kind of stong smelling, I used it once, it was okay.

lacio lacio all the way! But if they change their formula one more time, I'm going to have to go with salerm

I still use Silicon Mix in my rotation of deep conditioners, I couldn't live without it, and mixed with olive oil it conditions like a dream and always leaves that wonderfully clean smell behind!

I just went back to using my Dominican products this week. Honestly I don't know why I ever stopped. I pre poo'ed with SM, washed with Nacidit and am rocking my prettiest braid-out ever.
My hair LOVES Silicon Mix! I like the smell, too.

I have never used Silicon Mix leave in. I have been meaning to try but I love Silicon Mix Deep conditioner:lick: and Lacio Lacio leave in. These are both staples of mine. Lacio Lacio is real liquidy but really good if you are doing any styles that you don't want your leave in to weigh it down like rollersets.

Back