Silicone Free Serum??

Melody.Monroe

Is there a such thing as a silicone serum or something similar that I can use to protect my hair when I flat iron?? I currently use John Frieda...but I am trying to cut back on certain chemicals (trying to cut back on flat ironing all together) but is there anything similar or something that I can use as a heat protectant that doesn't have all the mess that "they" claim we shouldn't put in our hair??

TIA!

According to some ladies you can use oil to flat iron your hair and that it works the same as a coney serum. Im too chicken to try it though.

According to some ladies you can use oil to flat iron your hair and that it works the same as a coney serum. Im too chicken to try it though.

Me too!! LOL! *Squaks*! It's just that you have to find the PERFECT oil balance to flat iron without it sticking down! LOL! The John Frieda leaves my hair able to blow in the wind and finger comb it! I feel like I should be in his commercial! Haaaaa!!

I'm going low cone with my regimen, so I need a silicone free heat protectant. Which oils help protect against heat damage?

I use oils to flat iron I use grapeseed oil or rice brand oil, grapeseed oil has a burining point of 450F and rice brand oil is even higher. You can google the burning points of the oils you have to see what temperatures they will protect against.

I use oils to flat iron I use grapeseed oil or rice brand oil, grapeseed oil has a burining point of 450F and rice brand oil is even higher. You can google the burning points of the oils you have to see what temperatures they will protect against.

Yes, I was just about to post about rice bran oil. Definitely give that a try.

I have been trying to find something like this for years, because my hair ends up getting dried out after I use silicone based serums and flat iron.

Here is a list of some cone free heat protectants that I found on another website. I was actually researching this myself, recently. Not sure if the products include the other chemicals that you are trying to avoid.

Abba Pure Thermal Protect Spray
Aveda Brilliant Damage Control
Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave-In Hair Treatment
Hask Placenta Straight Solution
Sedu Volumizing Heat Protecting Boost

Back