Silicon Mix: What's so Great?

cocoberry10

Hey Ladies:

I’ve been hearing a lot of you all mention Silicon Mix. What do you like about this product? What products do you use (i.e. leave in conditioner, treatment, shampoo). Please let me know, I may try it!

It gives really good slip and leaves my hair feeling soft. Some may find the powder scent a little strong, but I like it. It lingers for days. I need to buy some more, but I hate ordering products off the net.

Only thing I have to add is that I just got back from buying the Silicon Mix AND....drum roll please...the Silicon Mix Shampoo Hidratante!!! Ohhh, I'm so excited cause I've never tried the shampoo but it has keratin it too. I plan on using these two until they're gone...just long enough to see whether my hair likes them or not. Sorry nothing to add...just a lil' excited. :yep:

It gives really good slip and leaves my hair feeling soft. Some may find the powder scent a little strong, but I like it. It lingers for days.

Same here. It's such a great product.

I also have the shampoo but I'm not that impressed with that.

I have it but have not used it yet. Soon as i take done my twists I'll see how it likes my many weeks post new growth lol. My take done day is the last saturday of the month than I'm putting in my C&G braids.

It is the best conditioner that i have ever used!! once when my hair was tangled after washing, it looks like silicon mix melted it away!! I use mostly all dominican conditioners and this one is the best.

I'm not too crazy about silicon mix... i really dont have BAD tangles and this didnt even work on my moderately tangles strands.

I do like the smell and i agree that it gives the hair a great shine. My rollersets always results in shiny, weightless, smell good curls. I like it more before i hit 6 weeks post...

actually now thats im writing this, i may go pick up a small jar just to have on hand.

I just ordered some. It has ceramides and I've been on a ceramides kick lately. I'll post my review after a few uses. :yep:

I like it for the slip and detangling, like the other posters mentioned. Also, it's great for adding moisture. I'm in the minority, but I actually don't like the smell (too perfumy) but I always get compliments on the smell when I use it! Definitely a permanent staple for me...so much so that I'm ordering the big jar from Sickbay.

I used Silicon Mix last night and airdryed before bed. I slept with my hair out on a satin pillowcase (a big rarity!) and, this morning, SO buried his face in my hair and kept taking these big whiffs:lachen:. He loves that stuff...

I used Silicon Mix last night and airdryed before bed. I slept with my hair out on a satin pillowcase (a big rarity!) and, this morning, SO buried his face in my hair and kept taking these big whiffs:lachen:. He loves that stuff...

Ooooo! Get it gurl! :lachen:

I love Silicon Mix. It's one of the best cons that I've found. It provides that great slip, slip, slip! Nice fragrance and keeps my hair moisturized.

What do you all actually get? I’m debating between the Capilar Treatment; the Intensive Leave-In and/or the Gotas de Brillo

I like Silicon Mix because it help me stretch my relaxer longer plus provides great slip and moisture to my hair.
I add Alfaparaf Essential Shine oil (blue vial) to give it a kick and my hair turns out more soft,silky and shiner.

Last edited:
What's there not to love about this conditioner I just buy the jumbo size:look: right off, no need to reorder all the time, I get great shine, slip, moisture, smells great, and more defined curls.

I loooove Silicon Mix. :love2:The conditioner and the leave in are both excellent. The conditioner gives amazing slip and nice moisture. I love it especially when I get to 4 or more weeks post. The leave in is great, too. Gives nice, smooth, shiny results. :yep: Both are always in the stash.

I wasn't too crazy about the shampoo, though. :ohwell:

I loooove Silicon Mix. :love2:The conditioner and the leave in are both excellent. The conditioner gives amazing slip and nice moisture. I love it especially when I get to 4 or more weeks post. The leave in is great, too. Gives nice, smooth, shiny results. :yep: Both are always in the stash.

I wasn't too crazy about the shampoo, though. :ohwell:

Now y’all are making me want to buy the leave in too! Ugh. I already ordered the treatment. Decisions, decisions!

I belive you'll be very happy w/your purchase. The leave-in is creamy, like a hair lotion but a bit thinner. I can't live w/o the Cond or leave-in :infatuated:.

Back