Signs That He's In Love With You..

Great thread! The following are things I've observed in my relationship.

He talks about the future in terms of "we" and not "I"

He looks at you with love and admiration whether you're all done up in a dress and heels.... or you're wearing sweats and looking rough while taking down your cornrows from an install :lol:

He isn't threatened by conversations about things like marriage and children... in fact he starts these types of conversations.

He doesn't mind attending girly events with you like baby showers and your friends' birthday parties.

He kisses your forehead when you're sleeping (at least he thought you were asleep lol)

He has no problem telling his parents and yours that he wants to marry you.

You've met all of his close friends and family and he has told his extended family about you.

When you have cramps, he'll rub your tummy until the meds kick in and you fall asleep.

He's always coming out of nowhere with spontaneous kisses on your forehead, cheek, neck, and shoulder.

When you're mad at him, he seems down... but his mood picks up as soon as he realizes you're not mad anymore.

He won't let anyone disrespect you.

No matter who he's around( friends, coworkers, family or whoever)... he's eager to stand by you and hold your hand when you arrive.

Other people (friends, family) notice how smitten he is.
This is very true. On more than one occasion, a friend or family member of mine will pull me aside and say something to the effect of "Girl, he is so in love with you."

And I'm like "What? :lol: Where did this come from? What did he say?"

I'll add to the list and say when he puts you before all others, he loves you.

I remember when dh went clean off on his mom when she tried to throw shade about me being a stay at home mom. I was simultaneously clutching my pearls and rejoicing the entire time. :lachen:

@SmileyNY Yes, that "He wont let anyone disrespect you." thing is something serious.

My S/O once told off a cab driver for making me repeat myself when I told him to stop making us miss our entrance. :rofl:

He doesn't just say he sees you as his wife one day, he starts mapping out the when where and how.

He listens intently to what you say and remembers the little things because he loves making you smile.

He will get up from his comfy spot in the bed/couch to get u food, tea, water, pads, conditioner, a comb, or whatever it is you're requesting at the time.

He'll eat your food when you can't finish it.

When you point out something he needs to work on he actually does it.

He prioritizes your safety above all things.

He'd much rather chill with you than his guy friends and would cancel if u asked him to (I never use this power) and if he has been out for a while and you ask him to come home he drops everything and immediately returns home.

He says "I love you." at the most random times, completely unprompted. Not during intercourse or "Favors". Just while doing mundane things like watching tv.

He gets upset when someone upsets you, he is empathetic even if he's never experienced what you're going through.

He does what he can to provide for you in ways you didn't even ask him to.

:lol: He'll take my half-eaten plate and put it right on top of his empty plate and go to work. I'm always like dang... what if I wasn't finished?! He'll be like "Are you finished?" and I'm always like "Yea, but that's not the point". Greedy behind :lol:
Lol. He does the same. I don't even give him a chance anymore. I just give it to him. We were at a restaurant and I was full, the waiter came but and was like ma'am do you want me to take this? I was like no he's going to eat it lol.

When he brings you tea in bed....
When he packs breakfast and lunch for you when you spend the night at his place....
When he tells you you were made for him....
When he asks you if you need anything every time he shops for his house and when you say no still gets all the stuff he knows you like.
When he plans his weekends around spending time with you....
When you have an irrational concern and his response is how can I help you deal with it as opposed to getting defensive....
When he needs to constantly in physical contact with you even if it's just two fingers touching.

Thanks for this thread op. Sometimes I need a reminder that actions speak more than words ;)

:lol: He'll take my half-eaten plate and put it right on top of his empty plate and go to work. I'm always like dang... what if I wasn't finished?! He'll be like "Are you finished?" and I'm always like "Yea, but that's not the point". Greedy behind :lol:
Oh nah, he doesn't do that. This is how the scenario usually goes down.

Me: *plays with food after eating half*

Him: *is already finished with food and chilling*

Me: *shifts in seat and clears throat*

Him: *looks down at plate* Oh, you're full huh?

Me: Yes

Him: Ok, why don't u throw it away?

Me:...can you finish it for me? I feel bad wasting food.

Him: *shakes his head* seriously?

Me: Yes....

Him: * reluctantly eats*

I don't know why I'm like that, I think it's because my dad used to finish our food when we were little because he grew up poor with a bunch of brothers and sisters so he felt like it was sinful to waste food. So I guess it's better to say:

You know he loves you when he participates in your weird rituals with you :lachen:

Oh nah, he doesn't do that. This is how the scenario usually goes down.

Me: *plays with food after eating half*

Him: *is already finished with food and chilling*

Me: *shifts in seat and clears throat*

Him: *looks down at plate* Oh, you're full huh?

Me: Yes

Him: Ok, why don't u throw it away?

Me:...can you finish it for me? I feel bad wasting food.

Him: *shakes his head* seriously?

Me: Yes....

Him: * reluctantly eats*

I don't know why I'm like that, I think it's because my dad used to finish our food when we were little because he grew up poor with a bunch of brothers and sisters so he felt like it was sinful to waste food. So I guess it's better to say:

You know he loves you when he participates in your weird rituals with you :lachen:
I eat much faster than him, but he knows when I'm full and don't want to eat

when he gets up 2am to drive 20 mins to walmart to buy you pads, midol and a hersey w/almonds because you're menstruating and it's the only thing that works for you :love2:

he paints your nails and toes while you're laying in bed :2inlove:

he takes your fur baby to the groomers and picks her up because you're at work and the baby can't miss her appt :cloud9:

he picks up your girlfriend from amtrak that he hates when she pops up in town and lets her stay in the guest room of his house and drive ya'll to the mall the next day.

:love4:

he brings you food
he drops cuts contact with all past womenz
he speaks respectfully about you around his friends/family even when you can't hear it
he will hurt someone else's feelings to save yours
he makes time for you even when he doesn't have it
he does your hair
he rubs your crusty feet even when you need a pedicure
he kisses your stretch marks
he gives you money and his black card
he gives you a ring marries you and doesn't cheat

When you have an irrational concern and his response is how can I help you deal with it as opposed to getting defensive....

Also called maturity
Ive seen dudes in love but cannot do this

He finds you on the campus a few years later and pretends to just run into you, asks you to lunch and then asks while he massages your hand, looks you lovingly into the eyes with a nervous smile, "hey, whatever happened to us?" Sigh.

Gurl, regret, regret, regret! @Kindheart yep, not the one I was truly interested in long. If I could go back in time...smh.

Back