Signs he has low self esteem?

StarScream35

Ladies what are some signs a man that you have been with has low self esteem?

The one I can think of (my last relationship) is he remains friends with an ex. Now some may argue against this but I see it as a serious self esteem issue if you can't let an ex go.

I'd like to hear your experiences and perhaps a thread like this can help other women out there who are dating and looking for Mr. Right.

- Always finding ways for ego-stroking and validation (whether by passively suggesting they aren't good enough or handsome enough or satisfies you enough, etc.)

- Pessimistic about everything

- Clingy

I wanted to add men are generally no different to women when it comes to wanting to feel needed and appreciated. Some have low-self esteem and self-doubt like many of us. Complimenting a man now and again does not hurt! :)

Controlling behavior. Usually equates to a huge self esteem issue.

I don't think being friends with an ex has anything to do with self esteem. If the guy can't let go of an ex, it is because he doesn't want to, IMO.

Controlling behavior. Usually equates to a huge self esteem issue.

I don't think being friends with an ex has anything to do with self esteem. If the guy can't let go of an ex, it is because he doesn't want to, IMO.

Me neither. I'm friends with my exes and self esteem perfectly fine. Don't see how it links.

- Guys who need constant reassurance. I like to say good things but sometimes its like throwing compliments down a well.

He keeps on asking you the size of your previous partners crayon and he asks what's the biggest you've been with. When you say you're not sure he encourages you to get out your bed to find a ruler so you can estimate. Then he asks what's the smallest you been with. Then he asks if he is the smallest you've been with.
This was once my life :crazy:

Im assuming the same thing for women with low self esteem-

- physical appearance not want they would want (general I guess for both genders)
- small penis size and they know it perhaps they've been told
- make less money or are less accomplished (according to them)
- ability to provide financially

Need to know who you are talking to on the phone every time it rings.

Jealousy

Don't want you to dress nice because of the fear that someone more successful than him will look.

To many others to list.

I had one who would surround himself with tons of women...all he called friends that he would run to rescue for. LIke he needed a bunch of women praising him and lifting him up and he would still have these whims...no one wants me, no one is attracted me, one day you're going to stop and I'll have to deal with being alone or whatever. Its like he was always fishing for someone to make him feel good and it was never enough.

Even during sex, he'd say stop pretending you like it and other insecure things.......i miss other things about him, but it was exhausting always trying to make him feel good.

I think it's a broad generalization and a stretch but possible sign for both genders. @Brighteyes35 what did you mean?

In my situations he was holding on to an ex and sharing our relationship details with her. Likewise the ex had self esteem issues as well cause she was all up in our business. The funny part was they were both trying to say it was me who was insecure.

Back