Sign Of Hair Loss Or Sign Of Texture Change?

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Hello ladies! I want to get your opinions on something that's been on my mind off and on for a about a year or so. I've seemed to develop halo frizz out of no where. I'm a solid 4b and have never really had halo frizz or any real frizz because of how tight my coils are. This halo frizz looks a lot like baby hair. Its present all over my head. It ranges from 1-3 inches and the texture is straight to wavy and it's fine (all my hair is pretty fine).

The thing is my longer hairs are still the same texture from root to tip. Which means the vast bulk of my hair is not changing texture. It seems like these new "baby hairs" have just started growing independently along with the rest of my hair.

The problem is idk of these new hairs are from new follicles awakening or texture change OR if my normal shed hair is being replaced by vellus hair :(. I'm scared these looser textured stands might be vellus hairs which I know is a sign of hair loss. My hair overall doesn't appear thinner but I know with my hair it would take a very long time to notice any thinning. During this time I've been taking Vita Fusion Hair Gummies consistently. I've also developed more baby hair along my front hairline.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Back