::Sigh:: The quest for the perfect leave in conditioner!

Porsche19

I’ve gone through tons of leave-ins, never finding the right one. My most recent love, motions nourish has a changed formula and I don’t like the changes. After this bottle, it will be my last.

I’ll make a list of leave-ins that I’ve tried and reasons that I stopped using them:

1) Aphogee pro-Vitamin Leave-in conditioner- it’s ok, but it comes in a small bottle... which just will not do it for me.

2) Elasta QP H-Two leave-in - left my hair drier than with other leave ins and it also comes in a too small bottle.

3) Infusium 23- I still use this, but only on those rare occasions in which I use heat on my hair. I don’t like the results when I air-dry with it.

4) Motions Nourish-changed formula

5) NTM Leave in-left hair dry

6) Razac- loved it for a long time, but it has no “good” ingredients like proteins/vitamins/oils. I notice that my hair looks better when I use a leave in with the good stuff.

7) Fantasia IC leave-in- doesn’t list the ingredients, so I won’t use it.

That’s all.

Now, I need a leave in. I don’t know which way to turn. I really need some recommendations... it’s hard to even search for good ones because I’ve either tried it, or it doesn’t fit in with my “requirements”

What I require from a leave-in conditioner :ohwell:

As you may have noticed from my list, I prefer liquid leave-ins. Or at least, I used too. Now I’ll try creamy ones since all of the liquids are failing on me.

I also can’t work with small bottles. I’m on a BUDGET and I use a lot of leave in conditioner. One bottle should last me for at least 3 weeks. So even if it’s a really good leave in and comes in a small bottle, I will not use it.

It has to be at the most 5 or 6 dollars, part of the budget thing.

I know that this is a crazy way to ask, but I’m desperate. Help anyone?

Try Giovanni Direct. You can buy it at health food stores for about $6 and it should last you at least 3 weeks. It feels just like regular conditioner and the bottle is 8.5 oz.

Hiya, I am a newbie should really introduce myself on this board.

Kera care leave -in conditioner is brilliant! I use it and love it. Its a creamy one (i don't like liquid ones they make my hair too wet). Its quite pricey but its worth it let me know how it goes.

Hair queen

Porsche19 said:
6) Razac- loved it for a long time, but it has no “good” ingredients like proteins/vitamins/oils. I notice that my hair looks better when I use a leave in with the good stuff.
Please tell us what 'you' consider good ingredients so we can better help you out. What is 'the good stuff' for your hair?

I was gonna suggest giovanni direct too. You can also get some of the higher end ones pretty cheap on ebay. Before I came to the boards I used to use always 911 leave in for extra dry hair and it worked fine. A lot of regular cheapo conditioners work well as a leave in if used in a small amount (Im thinking some of the suave generic ones). Pantene conditioning detangler spray is great too, but I havent used it alone before....Ive mainly used it for detangling only....gonna have to try that!

I use Motions Nourish leave-in. I started using it during the end of 2003. When did they change the formula???

Porche, I know how frustrating this is! I had so many leave-ins and none of them "wowed" me. I have really thick hair and the only thing that works for me is L'Oreal Natures Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment (LUST). Yes, it is a regular conditioner, but it is the best leave in for my hair because it leaves it smooth and shiny. It's thick and a little goes a long way.

It is pricey, but you can buy a trial packet for $1.99 @ sallys. (ugh, why do i sound like a commercial?).

Good Luck and happy hair growing!

i recommend:
aussie hair insurance
stay sof fro

i also prefer rinse out conditioners as leave ins:
dove intense moisture
natures gate herbal
elucence MB
suave milk and honey

I used to use Salerm 21 with great results before I switched to MNT. Based on your other products listed and what I think you might be looking for, I'd say try Salerm.

Champagne_Wishes said:
Has anyone tried that leave-in by Black n' Sassy called Caribbean Leave-in? That stuff looks so promising.

:down:

I hated this on both my relaxed and natural hair. I had instant gumminess and build-up. :( It smells good, though.

i have a hard time finding leave ins also.

so far i like

arosci, i have only found it at the hair cuttery, $7

kenra, $11

i just ordered oyin greg's juic and asha's silkwater.

i really like the first two, but i am switching to more natural products.

Some leave-ins can be great buys because they last longer than 3 weeks:

Nexxus Headress (creamy)
Biolage Leave-In Hair Tonic (more watery)

Since one doesn't need to use as much of these in the hair they can be economical.

DangerouslyShy said:
I use Salerm annd I love it.

you didnt like NTM silk touch leave in

DS...that's the first thing my mind went to. I'm like...wow. I'm so in love with that ish that I have no desire to use another leave in.

Does anyone know where i could buy salerm @ in Chicago?

Currently:Shoulders length
First Goal:to keep my hair healthy
Second Goal: Brastrap length

Asa i can get my hubby to fix his camera i will post some pics.
Have a bless day

Nexxus Humectress
Suave Awapuhi
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
Sebastian Detangling Milk Leave In
Giovanni Direct
Nexxus Headress
Bain De Terre Detangling Shine Leave In

I love using African Pride African Miracle leave-in conditioner hair & scalp strengthening tonic. It cost $4.29 to $5. It makes my hair shiny, soft with no frizz and it also strengthens my hair strands. I was trying to find the ingredients on a website but I couldn't find it. It has mostly herbs as the main ingredients. Here is a picture of the bottle:

s221.jpg

I hope this helps I prefer using this than the Nexxus volumizing leave-in conditoner.

Pantene Detangle Light Spray Conditioner <-- I also use this. I mainly use it for detangling, but it makes a good leave-in too.

Biolage Leave In Tonic is a good watery leave in.
I also like African Pride, I use the braid spray as a leave in.

The L'oreal Moisture Therapy leave in is a good creamy leave in.

LacioLacio is nice too.

Back