Sigh...ladies, I need motivation...

IMFOCSD

Well last night I washed (used clarifier for first lather), applied a reconstructor (smooth n shine sixty second reconstructor), condition rinsed (12 en 1), deep conditioned (miss key 10 en 1), applied all my leave ins, blow dried and flat ironed my hair. I only flat ironed it so I could trim my ends. It looked so nice last night. I did not wrap it, I just applied NTM leave in followed by my tea tree oil and applied a plastic cap covered with a scarf. This morning when I took my scarf off my hair felt/looked frizzy, dry and slightly stiff. Do you think I did a little too much with the heat? if so what should I do? I was thinking about cowashing, applying moisture and bunning my hair a liitle later but I am so tired of bunning...sigh... this sucks. I wish my hair was at least an inch longer (which would make me at shoulder length or a little below) so I could do a decent rollerset. Sorry I just feel like complaining. I think I need to be babied :look:.

I'm not sure, but this is one possible explanation: The NTM leave-in and any sweat you excreted during the night was trapped by the baggie and absorbed by your hair, which probably caused the cuticle to swell.

The few times I've tried the all-over baggie method, I woke up with practically WET hair. I personally would only do it if I were planning to wear my hair up or in a bun the next day because I sweat too much at night to maintain a smooth style while baggying.

Edited for grammar.

What's up with the tea tree oil for sealing?? I use it on my face as an astringent, you may wanna try another oil, like coconut. HTH:look:

Thanks ladies, aurora3140, you are so right when I woke up this morning my hair was wet and I was like :perplexed. This was my first time baggying so I had no idea what to expect but I had no clue my hair would feel wet. Do you think I should use a different
moisturizer for the all over baggy? I have not tried the ponytail baggy yet would that work better? What is the difference between the two?

Catina72, the tea tree oil actually has other oils in it also like: canola oil, sunflower oil, castor oil, olive oil, cotton seed oil, grape seed oil, tocopherol and jojoba oil. I guess they named it tea tree oil because it is listed first. I bought it because it said it prevents itchy dry scalp.

sweetcoco said:
Thanks ladies, aurora3140, you are so right when I woke up this morning my hair was wet and I was like :perplexed. This was my first time baggying so I had no idea what to expect but I had no clue my hair would feel wet. Do you think I should use a different
moisturizer for the all over baggy? I have not tried the ponytail baggy yet would that work better? What is the difference between the two?

Catina72, the tea tree oil actually has other oils in it also like: canola oil, sunflower oil, castor oil, olive oil, cotton seed oil, grape seed oil, tocopherol and jojoba oil. I guess they named it tea tree oil because it is listed first. I bought it because it said it prevents itchy dry scalp.

About the all over baggie, for me it works sort of like steaming even with very little products (ie damp/wetish). The ponytail is just putting the plastic bag over the hair in the ponytail and perhaps won't be as wet seeing that the heat from your scalp wouldn't get to it as much [hope this makes sense]....

I think Catina72 questioned tea tree cause it can be drying on the hair itself as it works as an astringent but is ok for the scalp. HTH

Naturellle, thanks for replying and to answer your question yes I used keracare leave in conditioner (which is also a heat protectant) before I blew my hair dry and I used keracare silken seal before I flat ironed. I just need to stop using heat.

I while be going back to my old routine which is cowashing every one to three days. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

sweetcoco said:
Naturellle, thanks for replying and to answer your question yes I used keracare leave in conditioner (which is also a heat protectant) before I blew my hair dry and I used keracare silken seal before I flat ironed. I just need to stop using heat.

I while be going back to my old routine which is cowashing every one to three days. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, it sounds like the heat is drying out your hair. One thing I would suggest is airdry your hair in a bun, some single braids(could be two -six braids), twists, rollerset with small rollers, set with flexi-rods or whatever style you feel best airdrying in. After hair is completely dry, apply some more moisturzier and then apply a heat protectant and flat iron at low heat. Then finish off with applying light moisturizer(don't want to weigh hair down) and a serum. I personally wouldn't flat iron more than once a week but you should do what works for you.

Back