SHS strikes again, except this time,

Karonica

I'm so pleased with the results! I went to someone different (I'm determined to find someone I really like) and after the touch-up, she whips out the scissors, and starts trimming rows of hair. I noticed nice long strands of hair on my cape
shocked.gif
and I say, "Hey! You're not trimming too much are you?" She said she was getting rid of the damaged ends. She started with the whole lecture of split ends travel of the strand if not cut off, blah, blah, blah, so I just sat tight. She told me she wasn't scalping me
laugh.gif
and that I would be pleased with the results. I couldn't get too angry because she was telling the truth. Before she trimmed my hair, I was staring at my nasty, chewed up ends (I guess that other stylist that I had wasn't lying.
ohwell.gif
)

Well, yesterday out of eagerness, I combing down my curls in the back because that's where I have the most length. And sure enough, 2 inches of hair was gone!
shocked.gif
BUT, the ends were thick and there were no more nasty, scraggly ends! I was soooo happy! She even trimmed up my nasty layers in the front so that they weren't nasty all over the place!

So, for those who are going through the same thing and want to get them cut off, in the end, you will be happy. I have healthy, full, hair again! I'm off to celebrate!
clap.gif
fat.gif
bouncy.gif
party2.gif
band2.gif
violin.gif
dance7.gif

*walking away, doing the robot*

Whoa, Karonica!!
shocked.gif
2 inches???!!! Well, I'm glad you're happy with the end result!!
bdance.gif
Girl, you NEED to post some hair pics!!
smile.gif

Okie dokie. But that was kind of embarassing, last time I did it and went to get them developed, and there was nothing but hair pictures on them.
laugh.gif

Girl, this couldn't have come at a better time. I am thinking about cutting off 3 inches to get full hair that will hold a curl. Or I could get one long track and put it in for fullness until more of my hair reaches bra-strap. And keep on cutting, maintaining bra strap length until it evens up and then go onto waist length.

Karonica,

I feel the same way about my cut. But even though those 4-5 inches are gone
frown.gif
I am so much more happier with my even hair.

I wish I had totally even hair like yours. But until then, I want to at least keep all the layers evened out, and split-end free.

And ladies, split-ends are no joke!
shocked.gif
Before she trimmed my hair, I was studying a piece of it that apparently fell off. The strand was a normal width until about an inch towawrds the end. At the end, it was about a 1/3 of the size of the rest of the strand. Obviously, the split had fallen off, but the damage it left behind was visible.
nono.gif
So I DO believe it's true that split ends actually travels up and splits the hair.
frown.gif

I will definitely be getting a trim every touch-up or every other touch-up to maintain my hair. I have the best results this way.
ohwell.gif

I wish we could all go together. I'm considering a "cut" too and I need moral support.
frown.gif

I really don't want more than inch off but I may need more.
cry3.gif
I also want to clean up my layers just a tad - but I don't just trust anyone to do that WELL so I'm scurred.

I know how that is Tracy. If you do decide to, I would say get a consultation first and let the stylist know what you want. The downside of my experience was that it was my first time going to this girl, and I took a helluva risk, letting a stranger do what she did. But I can't say I'm disappointed. I will never risk damaging my hair just to save length anymore.
mad.gif

Back