Shoutout to CelinaStarr.....Hey Guuurrrrllll!!! Lol

SmilingElephant

Okay....i thinking about following your regimen......as closely as possible.....BECAUSE!!!!

I know you say the only product you use is conditioner.

Well today i shampooed my hair with my giovanni SAS (because i have so many oils in my hair i HAD to get rid of that buildup)....and its my co-washing day so i co-washed after shampooing....

So instead of using moisturizer....bc i'm out of it and the only thing i have is that awful Pantene Relaxed & Natural moisturizing cream.....(after 10 minutes my hair is back to Death Valley dry:laugh:)......i used more of my Suave Juicy Green Apple conditioner.....it worked SO well on untangling and getting the mattes out of my hair.....as i am 13 weeks post...:woot:....and i just put a tiny bit of coconut oil on top of that....my hair smells good, feels moisturized and is just SO soft!!!

LoL @ the title of this thread. I haven't heard of this regimen, but it sounds like its working well for you so far. I say if it works, keep doing it :yep:

*blushes*

This is my first shoutout thread, lol! I'm happy that using conditioner only worked for you. I've been doing this for about 3 years now. Conditioner is my only hair product and moisturizer. I also use a little EVOO during the cooler months too and that's it. Less is more.

I would recommend Giovanni conditioners. I find them very moisturizing.

Well i'm gonna have to try the giovanii conditioner one day but i am in LOVE with the smell of the Juicy Green Apple by suave and it works pretty good.....i find i have to use some kind of oil or butter based moisturizer because my hair get dry....dry....DRY if i don't.

The conditioner as a moisturizer for me is good but i HAVE to follow with an oil.

ETA:....and the suave juicy green apple only cost me a dollar!:D....lol I have some AO HSR left....i might try that as a moisturizer tomorrow as it works like Jesus when it comes to tangles and matting!!!:yep:....especially when i co-wash with it in the shower......that is one conditioner i do not mind spending $7 on:lick:

Last edited:
Hey I left my conditioner in today too as my moisturizer, I was recommended too. And I did it last week and it helped with my tangles when it came time to take out the wet bun and shampoo my hair due to buildup! It was easy to comb through my hair,

Well i'm gonna have to try the giovanii conditioner one day but i am in LOVE with the smell of the Juicy Green Apple by suave and it works pretty good.....i find i have to use some kind of oil or butter based moisturizer because my hair get dry....dry....DRY if i don't.

The conditioner as a moisturizer for me is good but i HAVE to follow with an oil.

ETA:....and the suave juicy green apple only cost me a dollar!:D....lol I have some AO HSR left....i might try that as a moisturizer tomorrow as it works like Jesus when it comes to tangles and matting!!!:yep:....especially when i co-wash with it in the shower......that is one conditioner i do not mind spending $7 on:lick:

AOHSR IS THE BOOOMMMBBB! Best conditioner I've ever used. I leave mine in because its so good and I just don't wanna rinse that goodness out lol

Ladies your hair is Gorgeous!!:grin: I've been wanting to try using conditioners only. I'm going to try Giovonni SAS upon CelinaStarrs request. CelinaStarr what is your regimen? SmilingElephant please let me know how this works for you!:grin: TIA ladies!!

Ladies your hair is Gorgeous!!:grin: I've been wanting to try using conditioners only. I'm going to try Giovonni SAS upon CelinaStarrs request. CelinaStarr what is your regimen? SmilingElephant please let me know how this works for you!:grin: TIA ladies!!

My regimen is very simple:

I co wash or water wash once or twice a week using Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating calming conditioner or Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner to co wash and as a leave in.

I finger comb my hair from tip to root while in the shower with wet hair loaded with conditioner. I divide my hair into four sections to do this.

I let my hair airdry in a braid, bun, or updo.

I rarely shampoo but when I do I try to use a shampoo that's sulfate free and I only apply it directly to my scalp and never to the length of my hair. During the cooler months I may use a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil after co washing for more moisture.

The only products that I leave in my hair are conditioner and sometimes EVOO. That's it. I trim as needed; at least once a year by my beautician.

Okay...so i used my JGA again as a moisturizer today....but i had to spray water on my hair first and then the conditioner....works perfectly!!!....but i do need to use a more moisturizing conditioner. But my hair likes the cone-free conditioners and products....so i guess i'll try the Giovanni SAS....i don't have enough AOHSR in my bottle to try this right now.....maybe on my next bottle:lick:

OKAY?!!.....you BETTA get them 7 dollas worth!!!!:laugh:

HAHA I actually only paid a dollar for it! I got it from that online drug store when someone kept posting coupon codes. But I'm def gonna repurchase. But where do you get it for 7 dollars? I thought I saw it for 10 at Whole Foods? Maybe I'm getting their price confused with the online store.

HAHA I actually only paid a dollar for it! I got it from that online drug store when someone kept posting coupon codes. But I'm def gonna repurchase. But where do you get it for 7 dollars? I thought I saw it for 10 at Whole Foods? Maybe I'm getting their price confused with the online store.

At the Vitamin Shoppe:yep:

Celina.....I'm sorry for all the Q's....but look....i wanna know what your regimen was when you were transitioning.....bc.....i'm making my way to 4 months post...and i'm tellin myself if i get past 6 months....then i'm not gonna relax my hair ever again.....my issue is styling until i am finally fully natural.....3 years from now:look:...:D

Celina.....I'm sorry for all the Q's....but look....i wanna know what your regimen was when you were transitioning.....bc.....i'm making my way to 4 months post...and i'm tellin myself if i get past 6 months....then i'm not gonna relax my hair ever again.....my issue is styling until i am finally fully natural.....3 years from now:look:...:D

It was similar to how it is now, but I was more of a product junkie willing to try many hair products. During my transition I was pretty much in the process of finding out what works best for my hair. By the time I completed my transition, I already knew.

During my transition, I tried to use leave ins at first until I read the book Curly Girl which pretty much stated that it's okay to leave regular conditioner in the hair. I wore my hair mostly twisted up in an octopus clip or down. I braided it into one braid at night like I still do now. I started off using a seamless shower comb everytime I washed, but eventually discovered the proper way to finger comb. I used to co wash daily.

I experiemented more. I tried some gels and curling creams during this time and noticed that they dried my hair out terribly. I tried sealing but really didn't see a difference in my hair whether I sealed or not. I tried the apple cider vinger rinses (it made my hair kind of hard) and the Creme of Nature conditioning shampoo (I couldn't rinse all of it all out for the life of me and the next day I got into the shower and washed my hair, it was so tangled, still foaming from the shampoo, and breaking :nono:).

My relaxed hair responded differently to the cowashes and was hard to maintain. By the end of my transition the relaxed ends were so damaged and split that they were shredding and I would get small broken hairs in my hand by simply touching them. Plus the relaxed ends tangled so much and felt drier and harder in comparision to my soft, smooth natural hair. They didn't retain moisture as easily either. I was so happy to get rid of them.

My last relaxer was in 2006. I wore my hair straight until 2007 when I started wearing wash and gos and co washing. By 2008, I had developed a regimen that is similar to the one that I have now.

Now, I'm in the process of becoming more comfortable with the thickness of my natural hair and working with it in terms of styling.

Here's some of my transitioning wash and go pics:

Edit7-vi.jpg

^^^^I'm in the middle. If you look closely you can see the thickness of my natural hair versus the wavy thinner ends. The relaxed hair looks less textured. This was back in 2007 and I'm guessing I was about half natural half relaxed (or perhaps a little more relaxed).

Edit7-vi.jpg

^^^^This was late 2008. If you look closely you can see the straight relaxed ends.

During my transition my hair had more of a wavy look.

Here's August 2009, 3 months after I got the last of my relaxed ends cut off:

DSC00618-vi.jpg

Now my ends curl but wearing my hair in a bun for a week will straighten my hair out and make it look less curly.

The relaxed ends really weighed down on my natarul hair so I didn't have a hard time blending at all. So styling wasn't a problem.

Last edited:
It was similar to how it is now, but I was more of a product junkie willing to try many hair products. During my transition I was pretty much in the process of finding out what works best for my hair. By the time I completed my transition, I already knew.

During my transition, I tried to use leave ins at first until I read the book Curly Girl which pretty much stated that it's okay to leave regular conditioner in the hair. I wore my hair mostly twisted up in an octopus clip or down. I braided it into one braid at night like I still do now. I started off using a seamless shower comb everytime I washed, but eventually discovered the proper way to finger comb. I used to co wash daily.

I experiemented more. I tried some gels and curling creams during this time and noticed that they dried my hair out terribly. I tried sealing but really didn't see a difference in my hair whether I sealed or not. I tried the apple cider vinger rinses (it made my hair kind of hard) and the Creme of Nature conditioning shampoo (I couldn't rinse all of it all out for the life of me and the next day I got into the shower and washed my hair, it was so tangled, still foaming from the shampoo, and breaking :nono:).

My relaxed hair responded differently to the cowashes and was hard to maintain. By the end of my transition the relaxed ends were so damaged and split that they were shredding and I would get small broken hairs in my hand by simply touching them. Plus the relaxed ends tangled so much and felt drier and harder in comparision to my soft, smooth natural hair. They didn't retain moisture as easily either. I was so happy to get rid of them.

My last relaxer was in 2006. I wore my hair straight until 2007 when I started wearing wash and gos and co washing. By 2008, I had developed a regimen that is similar to the one that I have now.

Now, I'm in the process of becoming more comfortable with the thickness of my natural hair and working with it in terms of styling.

Here's some of my transitioning wash and go pics:

Edit7-vi.jpg

^^^^I'm in the middle. If you look closely you can see the thickness of my natural hair versus the wavy thinner ends. The relaxed hair looks less textured. This was back in 2007 and I'm guessing I was about half natural half relaxed (or perhaps a little more relaxed).

Edit7-vi.jpg

^^^^This was late 2008. If you look closely you can see the straight relaxed ends.

During my transition my hair had more of a wavy look.

Here's August 2009, 2 months after I got the last of my relaxed ends cut off:

DSC00618-vi.jpg

Now my ends curl but wearing my hair in a bun for a week will straighten my hair out and make it look less curly.

The relaxed ends really weighed down on my natarul hair so I didn't have a hard time blending at all. So styling wasn't a problem.

At the bolded.....this is my plan.....to wear my hair straightened by flat ironing it every 1 or 2 weeks......just to get me through a year and then maybe i'll have a more easier time blending my hair as i transition.......bc i'm already texlaxed with like 2-3 inches of bone straight ends....so at the moment i'm dealing with 3 diferent types of hair.....:lachen:

Sounds like me.....3 different types of ppl..:lachen:...but we're gettin off topic now on to the weather:grin:

But thanx for sharing that bc i'm all up in your Fotki like:look:.....well what was the transitioning regimen???!!!:grin:

At the bolded.....this is my plan.....to wear my hair straightened by flat ironing it every 1 or 2 weeks......just to get me through a year and then maybe i'll have a more easier time blending my hair as i transition.......bc i'm already texlaxed with like 2-3 inches of bone straight ends....so at the moment i'm dealing with 3 diferent types of hair.....:lachen:

Sounds like me.....3 different types of ppl..:lachen:...but we're gettin off topic now on to the weather:grin:

But thanx for sharing that bc i'm all up in your Fotki like:look:.....well what was the transitioning regimen???!!!:grin:

Lol! :lachen: The transition regimen was pretty much trying to find what works, lol!

Back