Should kids take vitamins for hair growth?

fourbyfor

My daughter's hair seems to grow very slow do you think vitamins will increase her rate of hair growth? I'm talking about a kid's multivitamin like The Flintstone's. Her hair is very thick but not very long which makes it kinda hard to sytle. Any styling suggestions are also welcome. Thanks

I wouldn't give her anything more than a children's vitamin, with the emphasis being on overall health more so than hairgrowth. Also look at her diet: processed sugars and junk food in general aren't good for a developing body.

I'm sure the mothers on the board will can give you better tips on styling and care for little ones.

[ QUOTE ]
myco said:
I wouldn't give her anything more than a children's vitamin, with the emphasis being on overall health more so than hairgrowth. Also look at her diet: processed sugars and junk food in general aren't good for a developing body.

I'm sure the mothers on the board will can give you better tips on styling and care for little ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!
smile.gif
Nothing more than a multi-vitamin for children.

[ QUOTE ]
myco said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA. I am a mother and I approve this statement.
smile.gif
It is better to focus on their nutrition first and improving that aspect of the diet. I personally would never give my child a supplement expressly to encourage hair growth. Her health is more important than vanity or my being able to style her hair more conveniently. My daughter's hair is very easy to manage, but when I was little, I always wore braids (no extensions). I love braids on little girls hair. One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing a little girl with extensions weighing down her hair that the mother hasn't upkept but just left in for months so that all her hair is choking for its life! I hope that the other mothers can offer you some additional styling tips, but I think braids made with your childs natural hair would be a good start.

I would give multi-vitamins for overall health only. Don't focus so much on hair growth, but rather on hair health so that you don't stress HER out about it, especially if still young. If difficult to style, I strongly suggest braids as an everyday style -- you may even see growth with the braids!

Back