Should I wait to relax??

Lindy

Hi Ladies,

I'm now 12 weeks since my last touchup and I was about to make an appointment for next Friday, but then I realized that I don't feel a real NEED to relax right now!! My new growth is soft, and I feel that my hair looks just fine. I think it's just out of habit that I get it done every 12-13 weeks.

To everyone who goes longer than that: What are the benefits of waiting it out for a few more weeks?
confused.gif

hey lindy,

i wouldn't relax it if you don't need it.
plus if you wait longer you avoid overlapping. my last relaxer was 19 dec 02 and i think this time i really made up my mind to stop relaxing. so far i haven't had any problems, but i wanted to cut down to relaxing twice a year anyway.
i would relax only if your new growth gets hard to manage or if you decide it needs to be relaxed.
nay
wink.gif

I agree with NAY007. If you don't need to relax right now, you can wait even longer to avoid overlapping. I haven't had a relaxer touch up since December 21, 2002. I 'think' I'm going to get a relaxer touch up on April 12, which will be 16 weeks.

Thanks Nay and Allandra,

I think I'm going to try and wait til I get to the 16 week mark! (Yikes!) Don't know if I'll make it til then (have never waited that long before...)
look.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
This is my first time going 16 weeks. I normally go every 12 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.gif
!! I'm gonna try to be like you and hold out... but if I find I'm getting a lot of breakage, I'm gonna cave...
smile.gif

Back