Should I trim or not?

Ayeshia

My hair has split ends and i saw breakage in the sink. My last trim was in October. Anyway Im contemplating on whether or not I should go to Fantastic Sams or Master Cuts to get it trimmed. The only reason I say this is because I blew out my hair on low just so I could examine my ends (hard to do so on curly hair) and to my suprise it lookes like I just got my hair trimmed and my hair is still even. So do you guys think that its necessary or not? Its just that if I see more breakage or split ends its going to drive me insane :nono:

From your pictures, it doesn't look like you need a trim at all to me. Maybe it's just a few isolated splits, and you can go after them yourself.

I know the evenness is tempting, but if you have split ends and breakage, I'd say you probably ought to trim...particularly if you haven't had one in awhile. I'm nervous about Fantastic Sams or one of those places unless there are some Black stylists in there...they act stupid about trimming Black hair when it's as straight as white hair...I'd hate to see them fumbling about over your curls. I guess, though, as long as you talk to them very thoroughly beforehand, you should be cool if you decide to go through with it :).

dreemssold said:
I know the evenness is tempting, but if you have split ends and breakage, I'd say you probably ought to trim...particularly if you haven't had one in awhile. I'm nervous about Fantastic Sams or one of those places unless there are some Black stylists in there...they act stupid about trimming Black hair when it's as straight as white hair...I'd hate to see them fumbling about over your curls. I guess, though, as long as you talk to them very thoroughly beforehand, you should be cool if you decide to go through with it :).

Oh I've had it done there before so its not a problem :) As long as my hair is slightly blown out they can pretty comb through it easily and trim as needed. I dont want a lot off though... maybe an inch?

I would get them trimmed off or frequently dust them off myself. Do you really think you'll need to take an inch off? Your ends look good to me...

Kha said:
I would get them trimmed off or frequently dust them off myself. Do you really think you'll need to take an inch off? Your ends look good to me...

no but Im thinking maybe an inch would put me safely past the breaking point of where ever my ends are breaking off at. I really wish I new how to trim but Im afraid that Ill jack myself up.

Very true...I'm not that comfortable trimming my own hair either but I do it anyways if I see splits. No point in saving them, they can't be repaired so may as well get rid if them :).

Ayeshia said:
no but Im thinking maybe an inch would put me safely past the breaking point of where ever my ends are breaking off at. I really wish I new how to trim but Im afraid that Ill jack myself up.

Back