Should I take these micros out??

Hello ladies! I have a problem. I really wanted micro braids because I've never had a problem with my edges, so I found someone to do them at the end of August. I told her to be VERY gentle, but she still blowdried it kinda rough (compared to how gentle I'd been with my hair).

She was about to try to flat iron it, and thanks to this forum I gained the strength to JUST SAY NO!!

Still, she didn't braid all the way to the ends so my natural hair sticks out like lil afro puffies. :-\
I don't know how much damage is underneath the hair. I took out two braids and it looks okay, but I know ends are rubbing against things because it wasn't braided all the way.

What would you do? Keep these in for another month or take them out and start over with a safer style? I'm feeling so scared and paranoid.

Please help!

See if you can put gel on them, to preven them from rubbing on things. You paid your money for them or you can keep moisturizing them. Your ends are your length, it they get damage, that will stunt your growth, or simple ask her to redo them so your ends can be braided in with the hair. If not you will have a everyday hassle to prevent those ends from getting drying out.

I gotton braids done and took them down in a week, i.e. too tight, itchy scalp, or excessive dandruff. Micos is alot to take down. I usually get 1/2 size braids, so I can easily take them down.

However it depends on you and what damage you see is going on in your head.

You may want to try some shea butter or a shea based cream to both smooth the ends down and keep them moisturized. If you use a gel, make sure there is no alcohol in it. I also agree that you should see about having that lazy braider finish the job you paid her for. So many of them just don't want to put in the work to do longer hair and I've seen folks with synthetic hair glued right into their ends!

I got my hair put into individuals and some of them came apart because they weren't dipped in hot water or curled because they were too close to the length of my hair.

I wear these braids in a bun 90% of the time to protect my ends, which really defeats the purpose. The only reason I left them in is because I don't want to see my hair for the next 4-6 months!

So, unless you have something else going on like I did, I would just take them out.

You may want to try some shea butter or a shea based cream to both smooth the ends down and keep them moisturized. If you use a gel, make sure there is no alcohol in it. I also agree that you should see about having that lazy braider finish the job you paid her for. So many of them just don't want to put in the work to do longer hair and I've seen folks with synthetic hair glued right into their ends!
:yep: ditto this whole post!

you can always braid a little further down past the ends of your hair.
if its human hair it will always find ways to unravel
icon12.gif

^^^That's exactly what I was going to say: braid it to the ends. Doesn't have to be all at once, but just a few at a time as you're able. Whenever I'd get human hair extensions, the brand new hair would unravel and I'd just rebraid it to the ends while watching TV.

Back