Should I take him up on his offer????

ms_kenesha

I am looking for a hair distraction and was not interested in getting it braided for the following reasons, braiders that insist on blow drying before braiding, bad synthetic hair, braiders who snip the "loose hair" from the braids and costs.

This weekend my dad actually offered to pay to get my hair braided and in my impudence I declined, but all this morning I'm wondering if I was too hasty in my decision and maybe I should reconsider. There is a place in DC *Natural Shapes* that will braid your hair damp and not blow it out, but they are expensive. I moreso declined because I felt he was offering this because he is taking offense to my own short natural hair. I dunno should I take him up on it?
ohwell.gif

Hey, why not? This will allow you to try a different style while you are still hashing out whether or not you want to relax your hair. You may be pleased with how your hair looks after you remove the braids and decide against relaxing....
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
Hey, why not? This will allow you to try a different style while you are still hashing out whether or not you want to relax your hair. You may be pleased with how your hair looks after you remove the braids and decide against relaxing....
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey AJD,

I've already decided against relaxing. I may take him up on the offer, but I need to decide fast because if I ask him about it next week he'll forget that he even offered
laugh.gif

Go for it girl, don't you know anyone outside of a salon who can braid real nice? That would be a good option if you did, cause they'd probably not hassel you about getting a blow out. I actually just (2:00)finished putting in my individuals, thank God I can do it myself; It's not to tight, the hair isn't to heavy, I DID NOT blow dry, and NO CLIPPING either. To bad we aren't in the same area.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LuvLiLocks said:
Go for it girl, don't you know anyone outside of a salon who can braid real nice? That would be a good option if you did, cause they'd probably not hassel you about getting a blow out. I actually just (2:00)finished putting in my individuals, thank God I can do it myself; It's not to tight, the hair isn't to heavy, I DID NOT blow dry, and NO CLIPPING either. To bad we aren't in the same area.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wish we were. This is something I definitely want to learn how to do. I taught myself how to do two-stranded flat twists, I'm working on cornrowing, too.
smile.gif

go for it!
its all going to be a matter of making sure you let the braiders know what you DONT want to happen. and get outta there if you see them reach for the scissors!

Girl, definitely take him up on it!
smile.gif
BTW, I didn't realize you were considering relaxing but I'm glad you decided against it
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Girl, definitely take him up on it!
smile.gif
BTW, I didn't realize you were considering relaxing but I'm glad you decided against it
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I start TRIPPING hard last Friday.
laugh.gif

Back