Should I stop taking Biotin or will the bumps go away???

Shun78

I started taking vitamins Biotin 1500 mcg the other night and my face has started "bumping" up. :wallbash: Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, did you continue to take them and the bumps eventually stop coming? :yep: Or, did you have to stop taking them because bumps are an allergic reaction? :nono: Please help!

I take the 1000mcg everynight. I usually get the bumps too when I don't drink as much water as i normally do. I drink about 70oz of water a day, and if I go a few days without drinking that much to flush my system I'll get bumps but only on one side of my face. It usually clears up within a week after I get back on track with my daily intake. But if you feel that its an allergic rxn then you should stop, no need in causing harm

When I started taking biotin i was only taking 600mcg and my face would break out, I continued with it and added a b complex supplement and that helped the bumps go away.

Now I take 1000mcg from whole foods and I get NO bumps and I stopped taking b complex regularly. I don't know if my body is used to it now or if the whole foods brand is more organic.

I broke out with the 5mg biotin and they went away when I quit taking them. Looking back, I was not drinking nearly enough water :nono:

I started taking vitamins Biotin 1500 mcg the other night and my face has started "bumping" up. :wallbash: Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, did you continue to take them and the bumps eventually stop coming? :yep: Or, did you have to stop taking them because bumps are an allergic reaction? :nono: Please help!

I would get breakouts too but I found that of course increased h20 helps but I started taking B6 and that does the trick for me.:yep:

I am so sorry you are going through this too:sad:! I had the same reaction when I was using 1500mcg and I did not use a B-complex :wallbash:so I broke out so severe I had to go to a Derm :nono: that was July 2007 left it alone for about 3 months started with facials to help and just now my skin is starting to get better I just get a bump here or there once or twice a month.

I would say maybe start at a lower dosage and work your way up monthly and remember to take a B-complex and drink a lot of water. Now I restarted with B-complex my skin is much better:yep:. hth

I am so sorry you are going through this too:sad:! I had the same reaction when I was using 1500mcg and I did not use a B-complex :wallbash:so I broke out so severe I had to go to a Derm :nono: that was July 2007 left it alone for about 3 months started with facials to help and just now my skin is starting to get better I just get a bump here or there once or twice a month.

I would say maybe start at a lower dosage and work your way up monthly and remember to take a B-complex and drink a lot of water. Now I restarted with B-complex my skin is much better:yep:. hth

I agree. I never experienced breakouts because I used a B-complex with my Biotin. Also, my water intake is a minimum 64 oz a day.

i think many of us have been there.

start with a lower dosage and consistently work it up ever two weeks or so. And you really have to up your water intake...that tends to help resolve biotin breakouts!

good luck girl!

I was also soooo afraid of break outs and it took me quite a long time before deciding to take any vitamins (esp. biotin). But when I started, I did with 1000mcg per day for a week then increased to 2000mcg and I drunk loads of water and a vitamin B complex and thank God so far, I am yet to experience any biotin break outs (its been one and a half months)... *knock on wood* :ohwell:

I started taking a hair,skin,and nail supplement that did not have a hgh content of biotin,but the recommended dosage was 3 pills a day. I took two...and my chest broke out!
I got off them suckers quick!

You should probably increase your water intake. When I try to skimp on the water a couple of days ago, a couple of bumps appeared. I'm guzzling some water as we speak.

Thanks ladies! I guess I better put this sweet tea :lick: down that I am drinking right now and drink some water!
You ladies are the best! :yep:

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yep::up:

Back