Should I relax before/after cruise?

janeemat

Help me out ladies. I'm 13 wks post and will be leaving for a Bahamas cruise next wkend. I had already scheduled my relaxer appt for Thurs, but now I'm thinking why should I pay for a $100 doo to sweat it out and pull it back in a pony tail. On the other hand I'm scared that I won't be able to manage my hair and this ng because of the humidity. I'm not planning on taking a bunch of hair products and doing hair on the cruise. I my like water better. I do want to look cute you know. I did my normal roller set and cond yesterday, and this ng is no joke. I know it's close to 2 inch. What would you ladies do, relax before or after.

I think you can style your hair cute either way, I just think the styles you choose should be textured (tight rollerset, strawset, braid out). If you're gona stick with textured styles, however, you might as well wait and flaunt the new do when it'll keep up :) Good luck.

i went on bahamas cruise few weeks ago. I relaxed beforehand but wore a braidout the entire time. It was perfect for the weather.

I may opt for the tight roller set before I leave home and then do braid outs once it drops. I've never done a braid out, so this will be a good time to try one. Thanks ladies.

My friend is going on a cruise and she just does a wet (conditioned) pony tail the entire time. So that way you can wait to relax, get additional conditioning moisturizing while you're gone.

If you're looking for something to help keep your hair moist and curly all day try FX Curl Up it's about 5.99 at CVS/Walgreens/RiteAid. In a bright yellow bottle with a purple top. Works like a charm! :drunk:

I relaxed my hair few days b4 my cruise to the Bahamas three years ago. As soon as I stepped off the ship, my hair went flat. I kept it in a ponytail for the remainder of the cruise. Now, when I go on vacation, I will wear braids or a braid out.

Can you maybe get a cute braided style or maybe where a half wig or some type of weave (I am really dumb when it comes to the latter).

I went on a cruise in March and my hair immediately went poof and I stayed looking very much like a chia pet the whole time. I wish I had braided my hair but there was no one to do it once we got on the ship - unless you wanted to ask one of the island ladies to do it and I'm sure you'd rather spend your time sight seeing. My SO probably would have died if I would have ended up in a Salon on the island of Angtigua or Barbuda.

My friend is going on a cruise and she just does a wet (conditioned) pony tail the entire time. So that way you can wait to relax, get additional conditioning moisturizing while you're gone.

If you're looking for something to help keep your hair moist and curly all day try FX Curl Up it's about 5.99 at CVS/Walgreens/RiteAid. In a bright yellow bottle with a purple top. Works like a charm! :drunk:

I just came back from a cruise and that's exactly what I did the entire time.

I'm convinced. No relaxer until I return. I'll take some extra cond to rinse and do some braid outs. I'm have a couple nice head bands, so I'll pick up a few more. I'll be hair drying for the first time. While, I can't wait to experiment with my new vacation look. Thanks ladies!

I'm going to check this out. Do I apply it to wet or dry hair? Thanks for the tip.

I relaxed a couple of weeks before my cruise. I wasn't trying to deal with 2 1/2 months worth of new growth while on vacation. The Saturday before I left, I had my hair washed and set at the salon. That only lasted a few days. I ended up CWing my hair mid-way through the cruise.

Last edited:
Back