Should I listen to Sally Beauty Rep?

ChocolateSoda

Hi all, semi newbie here (been lurking for months). Any-who...

I popped in to Sally's to buy some Aphogee treatment (shedding!) and the rep was telling how great the stuff is, which was fine. Then she asked me how often I washed my hair and I said 3 times a week (well mostly co-wash) and she told me "Oh no, you should cut back during the winter months."

The advice sounded reasonable until I looked at her head which looked like a bleached bird's nest. hmm... I'll take my advice from LHCF thank you. LOL

Does anyone slow down washing/co-washing during the winter? I'm in the Midwest so it's super cold and dry here.

Thanks!

You should wash your hair as much as YOU need too. For me, I wash between 2-3 times a week as I feel I need it. If your hair isn't suffering or showing adverse effects keep doing what you are doing.

If your hair is thriving then don't change a thing. If not, than maybe you could try cutting down on the washes.
I stopped doing as many cowashes once winter began just because I thought I should. My hair didn't like that, so now I'm back to cowashing about 3 times per week.

I hear ya!

I used to have the driest flakiest scalp in the world - I could have done a dandruff commercial!!! Since I've been on this board I haven't seen not one flake!!

:clapping:

Sally rep vs your knowledge of your hair:king: you win hands down.
The hardcore Aphogee though is only done every 6-8 weeks okay?

You should wash your hair as much as YOU need too. For me, I wash between 2-3 times a week as I feel I need it. If your hair isn't suffering or showing adverse effects keep doing what you are doing.

Basically...if it's working for you then stick with it.

I popped in to Sally's to buy some Aphogee treatment (shedding!) and the rep was telling how great the stuff is, which was fine. Then she asked me how often I washed my hair and I said 3 times a week (well mostly co-wash) and she told me "Oh no, you should cut back during the winter months."

The advice sounded reasonable until I looked at her head which looked like a bleached bird's nest. hmm... I'll take my advice from LHCF thank you. LOL

Does anyone slow down washing/co-washing during the winter? I'm in the Midwest so it's super cold and dry here.

Thanks!

That Sally's rep can get bent! Listen to your HAIR!!! :yep:

I hear ya!

I used to have the driest flakiest scalp in the world - I could have done a dandruff commercial!!! Since I've been on this board I haven't seen not one flake!!

:clapping:

same here sista, I used to actually get scabs in certain areas. sulfur8 and overnight wholehead baggying have become my best friend....it's like I don't even remember having a dandruff prob

Thanks!

Could she have been thinking more about you getting sick.....and not about your regimen?

Oh, I didn't think about getting sick. I try not to go out with a wet head any way though. But I couldn't get past HER hair. LOL

I did the aphogee one time so far. It was very weird having such hard hair. Shedding slowed a teeny-tiny bit. I ordered this to try next:

92ca_1.JPG

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

I have slowed down on CW bc I realized that I lose less hair bc I am manipulating my hair less.

I'm in MI and I've been co-washing almost every day and my hair's been thriving like its no bodys business. I haven't seen breakage in I don't know how long!

Back