Should I just let it all go? LONG

This made me laugh :lol:. I tried to break up with him once and he showed up to my place all upset and stuff (I'm like 'DUDE, I'm on vacation, why aren't you at work???'). Initially, I wouldn't let him inside (I watch too much Snapped :drunk:) but he was so moody that I felt terrible that he was standing outside my door pleading with me. Once inside, he was completely falling apart. I gave in :rolleyes: ...and 3 months later, I'm debating on how I'm going to do this again. For good.

Yup. That's how they get you. See... I knew there was something to some of this horoscope stuff.

Please don't be like me and put it off for much longer. I might coulda met the one during those 4 yrs. You're just gonna have to break his heart and be done with it.

Time to say goodbye!

Sent from my iPhone. Excuse the typos!

It takes work to have a successful and happy marriage but a relationship should not be that exhausting from the beginning. There are too many issues and you aren't even engaged yet. Yes, move on and don't waste anymore time on this manipulative and controlling man and apparently a deadbeat of a father as well. :nono:

A little clarity: "The out of sight out of mind" statement was him telling me how I should view the situation, not out of sight out of mind for him.

It still doesn't make it ok though.

Nope. Still a red flag...

Why would he want the woman in his life to not be concerned about his child, potential drama with the mother, etc?

He's basically saying..."I dont care so my woman shouldn't either."

He flew out of town to see his son and the mother relocated him? I bet when you peel those layers back, he's not as sweet as you think he is. He probably put her through hell but let me guess... He told you his baby mama is the crazy one right?

Yep, waiting for update on what you decided to do. Hope everything's okay!

Everything is ummm, well...the same.

I have made up my mind that it's over. We're not even talking. I want to sit down with him and make it official, like an adult, but he is giving me the silent treatment. Maybe I should send him an email or text??!! lol

Hmmm,

#1. Seems like you referred to his child as an "it". He doesn't seem any closer to "it".
#2. You are enjoying "uninterrupted" time ....and .....time is running out.
#3 through what ever.... regarding the out of sight out of mind statements
Child/It....... Out of sight out of mind
Black nMilds.... Out of sight out of mind
Mother of his child.... Out of sight out of mind
You (on any given day) .... out of sight out of mind (do you see a pattern?)

AND, he seems selfish. You may be too, but heck YOU ARE SINGLE with no kids so you can afford to be. HE CAN'T. This man is neither a provider nor a keeper.

Everything is ummm, well...the same.

I have made up my mind that it's over. We're not even talking. I want to sit down with him and make it official, like an adult, but he is giving me the silent treatment. Maybe I should send him an email or text??!! lol

If you do, don't respond to any subsequent messages!

don't explain anythang to his crazy beeyotch-made arse.....stick a fork in everythang cause its done!!! i can't stand cancer, aries, aquarius or sagittarius men!!!!

Definitely a lot of unacceptable behavior going on, but your last paragraph in your op spoke volumes. I felt the same way about my ex. That relationship was so draining to me because I felt myself slipping away from My family because of him. :nono: Family is so important to me and it was really hard dealing with that. I'll never forget when my mom and I were on the phone one night and she flat out told me that My ex wasn't the one for me. It really hurt my feelings at the time, but it was so eye opening and i'm glad I finally let him go.

My ex wasn't a cancer, but he sounds a lot like my ex. During one of the many many (many!) times I tried to end things he actually pulled out a gun, held it to his head, and threatened to kill himself in front of me. :perplexed that was a big wake up call. He also threatened suicide many other times, but he's still alive and kicking. :lol: Don't let him manipulate you.

Back