Should I just leave it alone?

*ElleB

I am an airdyer.

And two days ago I wash and conditioned as usual. The only thing different I used was GBP and heavy cream as a leave in...This combo gave me curl definition like WHOA! I combed it back and tied it down. My three months of NG did its thing and is waved up under my hair and now Im all preoccupied with combing it out.

I always get preoccupied with being able to "comb through" my hair. I can wet it down when i want to style it, and make it look presentable in a lil bun, or slick style, so should I just leave it? Don't worry about how my hair is underneath....Cuz I do lose alot of hair trying to "comb thru" it....

This is the best thing that LHCF has taught me:

Do not attempt to comb through airdried hair (meaning that surface combing is okay). Only comb and detangle when under the flow of water and when your hair is soaked with conditioner.

If I would have known this months ago...:eek:

I completely agree with goldensensation, this part should be underlined when people give their reviews and opinions on co washes.

goldensensation said:
This is the best thing that LHCF has taught me:

Do not attempt to comb through airdried hair (meaning that surface combing is okay). Only comb and detangle when under the flow of water and when your hair is soaked with conditioner.

If I would have known this months ago...:eek:

This is sooo essential to my hair care routine and probably the single most important component to my retaining length. :yep:

I only allow myself one final combing on towel dried hair with my hair slick with leave-ins, in order to help my hair airdry smoothly.

Girl you hair lookin great don't comb thru it....valuable hair that is doing just fine w/o the comb. just keep it moisturized and supple until you next CO wash.

Yeah, i agree w/the others who have said dont attempt to comb thru it. When i wash or co-wash my hair, i simply moisturize, then braid it into one single braid and then wind it into a bun. It looks sleek and smooth once dry, and i just wash again when ready. I wouldnt attempt to comb thru air-dried hair.... when im ready to comb i go to the Dominicans, who proceed to wash and rollerset.

You will ultimately have to do what works for you. I can comb through my wet hair just fine. In fact at a time that I went weeks without combing and just wet bunning it in the shower after conditioning, I ended up with horribly matted hair.

I can see your reservations about combing through your new growth though, especially since it's so much. With the newgrowth, you might find that just fingering through it regularly and using your fingers to keep it separated works well.

Back