Should I Get Keracare Silken Seal?

PrettyBrownEyes

C'mon someone sell me on this product. I've been wanting to try it out. I have been using JF Relax Serum as part of my heat styling regimen (the rare times I blow dry and hotcurl) and as I am almost out, I'm thinking of trying the Keracare Silken Seal.

Have you tried it? Did you like it? Would you recommend it?

Thanks!

how's the jf relax serum?? other members have said it gives great slip, is this true?? i've looked EVERYWHERE for it and can only find his other serums, has anyone tried his others and liked em?

I have never tried the John Frieda Serum. However, I have been using the silken seal for over a year and I really like it. I used it for air drying, blowdrying and roller setting.

Which silken seal are people using? I have the clear one in a spray bottle but I think there's a liquid form too....

Is the Silken Seal good for giving body on a roller set? What was the out come for you? How is it better than just a regular setting lotion?

Silken Seal is a fantastic serum and worth every penny!! Go get it
smile.gif

Okay, I'm going to get it!!!

For those that use it when you rollerset do you use it alone or along with a setting lotion?

Thanks in advance.

Also, for those who inquired of the JF Relax Serum you can get it at places like Target. They do not sell it at Sally's, at least not in my area. It does give good slip and it's excellent to use when you have a lot of new growth. I only use it on wet hair (works better that way), I also use the Straight Forward Blow Dry lotion, they work hand in hand for a smooth blow dry.

I'm a PJ so of course I want to give Silken Seal a try!

I use the silken seal serum on the ends if I am doing a roller set and Keracare foam wrap or Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner on the rest of the hair. The silken seal makes your hair shiny especially if you air dry. Although, it is pricey, it lasts a long time. I am on my second bottle.

The Silken Seal hair polish makes the hair shiny and it works well on dry hair.

I'm not sure about getting slip from the Silken Seal. The Humecto gives me slip and the Silken Seal prevents frizz.

As Armyqt stated, get it you will not be disappointed. I am a PJ but this is one of my staple products.

Good Luck to all of you,

MissB

the silken seal serum is a definite winner. Its doesn't give slip but it makes the hair easier to comb... if that makes sense!

It provides my hair with tons of shine, and i use it before rollersetting. i think you should try it, IMO its far superior to other serums.

How much is the Silken Seal where you guys are? I saw it at the BSS and it was $27!! I was like "they can't be serious!" I'm wondering if that is the normal price or if the BSS just jacked up the price. I haven't been by JC Penny's to compare yet.

A little cheaper or a lot cheaper? I don't mind spending money on quality products but $20 and up seems extreme to me.

there's a website that sells it for $16.99, but after S&H it should be around $21 anyway. i get mine in NY for $13 a bottle, but its a hit or miss spot that is completely out of my way. Next time i see it i'll just buy 2 bottles.

I say $20 is a good price for it. I've had my bottle for a long time, maybe 7 months and i still have 1/4 left...

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Silken Seal is a fantastic serum and worth every penny!! Go get it
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
I get mine from discount-beauty.com Excellent prices (as opposed to walking in the bss)

bump! :wallbash:
Which one is better, the spray or the one in the bottle? I would like to buy it for rollersetting and/or flat ironing, but not sure which one :perplexed

I've only used the one in the bottle and it's great as a heat protectant. I've read that ladies use this one for rollersetting too.

The Silken Seal in the squeeze bottle is my go to heat serum! The shine is out of this world and it makes my hair feel so silky. It's also the next best thing IMHO to sabino for preventing reversion.

i've tried both in the spray bottle and in the squeeze on my hair and my mom's... no matter how little i used on both our heads it always made it tangle so they were both no go's. i still have a full bottle of the spray $40 bucks wasted total :(

Back