Should I get a TU before my sew-in?

BGT

So I am 12 weeks post and have an appointment for a sew-in this Friday. Normally I would wait at least 2 weeks after a relaxer for a sew-in, but my circumstances are different. I'm getting a partial, and I would have to relax half my head in order for my leave out to blend :lol: So should I go ahead and get a TU Tuesday or Wednesday (with a protein treatment afterwards) or wait until I get it taken out?

How long do you keep your sew ins installed?

Maybe you could touchup your leaveout..

I think you should wait a few weeks post relaxer (vs 2-3 days) before braiding it up and getting weaved up.. bc your hair might be fragile.

How long do you keep your sew ins installed?

Maybe you could touchup your leaveout..

I think you should wait a few weeks post relaxer (vs 2-3 days) before braiding it up and getting weaved up.. bc your hair might be fragile.

I plan on leaving it in about 8-10 weeks.

I would just touch up whatever hair you're leaving out. there's no point in relaxing your hair if it's going to hidden. Especially since the chemicals weaken the hair.

It's been a long time since I've been relaxed but if my memory is correct, my stylist always told me to wait for that reason.

I used to relax my leave out only. I would not telax hair I'm just going to braid up anyway. I use the sew in as an opportunity to give my hair a break.

Your hair is weak after a relaxer. Braids put a strain on the hair.

I say no. Not if healthy hair is important to you. Just do the leave out hair.

OK I'm going to touch up my leave out tonight and follow up with a protein treatment.

I always wait till after i take my weave down. Why not just do a full house sewin and relax the whole head afterward, that way your whole head gets a break and you'll be pleasantly surprised after you take that weave down and get a relaxer 1 wee after.

Maybe i am different but i would opt to PS the whole head and just give my hair a break.

I always wait till after i take my weave down. Why not just do a full house sewin and relax the whole head afterward, that way your whole head gets a break and you'll be pleasantly surprised after you take that weave down and get a relaxer 1 wee after.

Maybe i am different but i would opt to PS the whole head and just give my hair a break.

I've had a full head sew-in before and didn't like it at all. And "invisible" parts never look real.

What about flat ironing or rollersetting the leave out instead of relaxing it? Then after your sew in, maybe cowash with a mild protein treatment, bun for a week, and get your touchup all at once. I used to hate when my permieter was on a different touch up schedule than the rest of my hair

I've had a full head sew-in before and didn't like it at all. And "invisible" parts never look real.

I'm definitely not for invisible parts, they look too HOOD:look: but my full head sew-ins when done professionally are ALWAYS neat and looks very natural. Sorry i dont have a pic to post but my next one will definitely be posted here.

I'm definitely not for invisible parts, they look too HOOD:look: but my full head sew-ins when done professionally are ALWAYS neat and looks very natural. Sorry i dont have a pic to post but my next one will definitely be posted here.

I've gotten one with bangs and just didn't like it.

What about flat ironing or rollersetting the leave out instead of relaxing it? Then after your sew in, maybe cowash with a mild protein treatment, bun for a week, and get your touchup all at once. I used to hate when my permieter was on a different touch up schedule than the rest of my hair

I really don't want that much heat on my leave-out. I would need a LOT of heat to get it to blend. :lol:

Back