Should I cut my Bad Damage?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Well before my first relaxer in about 5 years I was nautral and had colored my hair every year. My last color was August 2007. Now that I'm relaxed I haven't colored and just been letting my natural color grown in. I have about 5 to 6 inches of natural color, and have about 7 to 8 inches of color at my ends when I put it in a ponytail.

My question is should I just wait until I get to my goal (BSL back, SL front) to start cutting my color out, or do one big chop of all my color now? I color ends look really frizz and dry all the time, and it doesn't matter what I do. The only time they look smooth is when I go to the salon and get a wash and set.

My ends are not breaking anymore due to bunning everyday, and using more moisture based shampoos and conditions. Because I think when I was using alot of protein that made my ends look worst.

Last edited:
Do you want to cut the color off or the damaged hair off?
Have you been treating your ends (bagging) at all?

My hair is not damage where my scalp and color treated ends meet, the only parts that are damage is where the color is. My ends don't feel bad because I baggie everyday, but they look damage, and dry no matter what I do. They look so frizzy, its like the ends where the color is, is "dead" because they don't never look moisturized, and where my natural color is looks healthy!

I cut out badly damaged colored hair that always felt rough no matter what and really didn't flow with the rest of my head. It was only 2 inches but my perception of my whole head of hair changed when I cut off those raggedy ends. My hair was also a lot easier to take care of and style.

If you don't mind losing length I say cut it. But if you don't want to lose length do a gradual trim.

I'm going to do the cut! :spinning:

But more like dusting because I don't want to lose my lenght! I'm going to trim more in the back and less in the front so that my ends can catch up to each other. I just brought the Annie Brand barber cut scissors.

Wish me luck!

Back