SHOULD I CUT IT OFF??

I've been bald a few times over the years. I did it for the first time in college and the last time last year. What I've found is that once that curiosity hits (to see oneself sans hair and experience it) you'll be plagued until you satiate it.

Hair does grow back.

I have no plans to ever do it again (never say never) because it's old for me and I'd like to experience my natural hair at it's full length. It's out of my system. Honestly though, I look best with no or low hair. You'd be amazed the responses I get from men and women when I have a mere dusting of hair.

I get a bit nostalgic when I see a sister with a low cut, caeser, etc. just not enough to start over again.

All that said, to me it's the sort of decision that must be made outside of others opinions. Just decide and live with the outcome. It's not permanent.

hth,
P1

hotshot said:
I am thinking of cutting my hair-bald-but I'm looking for some opinions!! Now, my journal is OLLLDDD, but you can still get an idea what I look like. Right now my mom and sister are against it. TIA!

http://www.fotki.com/deeje6
pw: hair

dont cut your hair girl its growing! unless you really tired of it but try a change like a short tappered weave something braids. dont cut hastily and regret it but if you really set on cutting i can understand because for 1 year i maintained my hair bald and looooooooove it it was so freeing and after one year i wanted some variety so i may be biased cause i had my bald hair moment for a long time:p

hotshot said:
I am thinking of cutting my hair-bald-but I'm looking for some opinions!! Now, my journal is OLLLDDD, but you can still get an idea what I look like. Right now my mom and sister are against it. TIA!

http://www.fotki.com/deeje6
pw: hair
Please explain to us why so we can understand.

Isis said:

okay. my album is over a year old and my hair hasn't changed much. actually, now that i stopped MSM the texture has changed. last year it thinned and fell out in two spots in the back due to stress. the back is sorta still around that length but its certainly uneven. the thickness is regaining like crazy and the bald spots are coming in, albeit slowly. however, the two thicknesses and textures are a pain. I just want to start over. plus, my hair is coarse and super breakage prone. its a weird length and thickness due to all the situations outlines above. it doesn't look bad but I'm tired of it. plus I am going through some serious life changes and i want something refreshing. maybe I'll get extensions for now, im just bored. i never thought i'd ever consider bald, but looking at NP has me thinking. i must admit i was really keen on this idea an hour or two ago, calling everyone i knew, etc, but since then I've washed my hair and now we'll see. i just want a fresh start but maybe that means putting it away for a while. i don't know!

ill see if i can post current pics of my hair. Thanks!!

Don't cut it girl. Your reason sounds exactly like my friend's reason for cutting her's all off...because you were bored:perplexed Don't take your boredom out on your hair. Like you said, just put it away for a while. Don't just jump on some spur of the moment type thing. At least sleep on it. Besides, I don't see anything wrong with your hair:)

Isis said:

oh, duh. they are against it for different reasons. my sister says i have nice hair and im dont realize how much hair i have. she also says she and i share long faces and big cheeks and she doesn't know if it'll look right. i agree i may not have the bone structure to pull it off. i have a high forehead! although, pulling of a caesar is largely contingent upon matter-of-fact confidence, which is really appealing to me right now!

i think having no hair will make me face whatever it is i really look like.

I think my mom agrees about my features, although she won't really tell me that. she thinks i am beautiful with my hair and she thinks im being a bit extreme. she said she is going online to find pics of hairstyles for me! i sent her this:

i just need a change of pace! i'd like to look feminine and pretty. the idea is appealing, but maybe its not for me...

Attachments

• 7214182msreape1974129200690956PM.jpg
    7214182msreape1974129200690956PM.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 28
ps- i've never been bald. when i started wearing my hair natural, i had worn braids for a year and the perm underneath just reverted!!

i have a widow's peak- that could be nice!

I can certainly understand and relate to starting over, but couldn't you start over without taking it all the way to bald? It just seems a tad drastic. :confused:

hotshot said:
oh, duh. they are against it for different reasons. my sister says i have nice hair and im dont realize how much hair i have. she also says she and i share long faces and big cheeks and she doesn't know if it'll look right. i agree i may not have the bone structure to pull it off. i have a high forehead! although, pulling of a caesar is largely contingent upon matter-of-fact confidence, which is really appealing to me right now!

i think having no hair will make me face whatever it is i really look like.

I think my mom agrees about my features, although she won't really tell me that. she thinks i am beautiful with my hair and she thinks im being a bit extreme. she said she is going online to find pics of hairstyles for me! i sent her this:

i just need a change of pace! i'd like to look feminine and pretty. the idea is appealing, but maybe its not for me...

Hotshot, your hair is so thick, all-natural and pretty. You mentioned stress, a major factor that affects our hair's health, as you know, as well as how we feel about anything. It sounds like finding ways to deal with the stress (i.e., meditation, B vitamins, flaxseed oil) is part of the answer.

I really like what you said about just needing a change of pace and about putting it away for a while, which sounds like turning the focus towards something else. :yep: Someone on this board wrote about her amazing hair results with just letting go and putting her attention on other goals. Looking feminine and pretty with your hair can certainly be done in the meantime. You already look feminine and pretty now! So no, IMO, I don't think you should cut off your hair.

ETA:
I've been trying to comment in your Fotki but I'm having problems logging into mine!

Last edited:
Whatever you do, you know you'll get the support here! I was checking your album and your hair is thick and beautiful, but I do understand the need to chop it all off too! If you do the shaved head thang, make sure you wait until it's warmer out, you know NYC weather is something else!

Isis said:
Hotshot, your hair is so thick, all-natural and pretty. You mentioned stress, a major factor that affects our hair's health, as you know, as well as how we feel about anything. It sounds like finding ways to deal with the stress (i.e., meditation, B vitamins, flaxseed oil) is part of the answer.

I really like what you said about just needing a change of pace and about putting it away for a while, which sounds like turning the focus towards something else. :yep: Someone on this board wrote about her amazing hair results with just letting go and putting her attention on other goals. Looking feminine and pretty with your hair can certainly be done in the meantime. You already look feminine and pretty now! So no, IMO, I don't think you should cut off your hair.

ETA:
I've been trying to comment in your Fotki but I'm having problems logging into mine!

thanks, isis, and everyone else too. im starting again with my b complex, EPO and cod liver oil (a new addition). i actually have been relatively unstressed considering I'm in a major crossroads and have been for months now. its just terrible how a few events a year ago will jack you up physically later. i think im going to get twist extensions and call it a day. im glad to have entertained a totally new aesthetic for myself, though. who knows, maybe later. . .down the line. . .thanks, ya'll!

Back