Should I beware of any of the ingredients here?

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
salicylic acid 2%
water, glycerin, triethanolamine, dimethicone, copolyol, hydrolyzed collagen, disodium edta, quaternium 15, fragrance

I recently started using Sulfur 8 medicated anti-dandruff conditioner spray for braids on my scalp because I remembered that it cured my scalp of dandruff when I used to have braids. My scalp is benefitting but I don't like the way my hair feels and it seems to be shedding more but I saw a nasty strand with so many different splits on it
mad.gif

Does anybody have any idea if any of the ingredients above is bad for relaxed hair?
confused.gif

Myhairsos--The salicylic acid 2% can bleach and erode hair. That's why when it's used in cosmetics some manufacturers instruct you not to allow the products to get into your hairline or eyebrows. I also experienced some shedding with this product.

I have been spraying it with abandonment. Thanks Brooke007, I'm gonna try using a q-tip to apply it solely on my scalp and see if I get better results. If push comes to shove, I guess, I'll enjoy my hair the way it is and simply tolerate the nasty falling flakes
frown.gif

How about a pine tar shampoo? (Not the grease) Also have you tried applying Organic Apple Cider Vinegar(with the Mother ) undilluted to your scalp I've heard it works wonders for flakey scalps?

I tried acv spraid directly on my hair a while back and it did work. Only thing is my fine strands don't like much manipulation and it involved much manipulation to spray on the acv and massage in. I'm so confused on what to do to the hair. I was afraid of drying out the hair using such concentration of acv.
I'll focus on it this weekend and let you know if I have any progress from using q-tip to apply the acv and the sulfur 8. I'm gonna apply conc. acv prior to washing and sulfur 8 every night to my scalp.
Thanks for the concern. I'm tired of the progress and regression that this hair shows me but I don't want to cut it
frown.gif

naughty.gif
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
STEP AWAY FROM EVEN THE THOUGHTOF SCISSORS MA'AM....I MEAN IT.
whip.gif

Good luck. If you experience drying follow with your moisturizing tools (conditioner, leave-in). Sorry your scalp is trippin', tell it to either get on board with the program or else.
laugh.gif

I agree with the salicylic acid possibly being one of the culprits. Additionally, based on my experiences with skin care products to reduce oily skin, I think I remember reading that salicylic acid has drying effects, thereby reducing oiliness. Maybe the product has therapeutic effects on the scalp, but can be drying to the hair, thus causing some split ends. My reasoning is totally unscientific
laugh.gif
, but hope this helps. :-)

i've used this product, still actually have some left and i think my hair actually did well while using it. i used it while i had in braids and when i took the braids out my hair was really soft and moisturized but it had a weird smell to it , i think the sulfur8 was the culprit

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
How about a pine tar shampoo? (Not the grease) Also have you tried applying Organic Apple Cider Vinegar(with the Mother ) undilluted to your scalp I've heard it works wonders for flakey scalps?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does 'with the mother' mean? <font color="purple"> </font>

Back