SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF HAIR?

HarlemHottie

Okay should I be worried about the amount of hair that came out in tonight's wash? The photo below is what was left on the comb and what I pulled out of the drain tonight.... Should I be concerned? :sad:

DSCF2481.jpg

Looks like a normal amount of shed hair to me. 50-100 hairs a day is average for humans.

That looks pretty good. Your hair is just about or at APL, right? (I just looked at your picture 2 seconds ago and can't remember, :lol:). The longer it gets, the more frightening the shedding is probably going to appear. I would just check maybe 3 to 5 strands for the white bulb at the end.

If you want more comfort that it's not excessive loss, and it's just normal shedding, multiply the number of days it's been since you last really thoroughly combed/detangled by 50 and then by 100. Your shedding would be somewhere between the two results.:yep:

ETA: The thickness of each individual strand of hair might make it look like more than it really is too. My friend has extremely coarse (thick) strands so it always looks like a lot of hair because of the strand size.

Last edited:
That looks pretty good. Your hair is just about or at APL, right? (I just looked at your picture 2 seconds ago and can't remember, :lol:). The longer it gets, the more frightening the shedding is probably going to appear. I would just check maybe 3 to 5 strands for the white bulb at the end.

If you want more comfort that it's not excessive loss, and it's just normal shedding, multiply the number of days it's been since you last really thoroughly combed/detangled by 50 and then by 100. Your shedding would be somewhere between the two results.:yep:

ETA: The thickness of each individual strand of hair might make it look like more than it really is too. My friend has extremely coarse (thick) strands so it always looks like a lot of hair because of the strand size.

Okay I'm almost at my goal of APL, and I did see some bulbs, and it's been about 2wks since I've comb my hair (I know I've been a little lazy, I've been living in my bun)....

So maybe I'm worrying to much, oh and for the record I'm not looking forward to losing more hair the longer it gets :nono: I wasn't ready for that statement lol...

Okay I'm almost at my goal of APL, and I did see some bulbs, and it's been about 2wks since I've comb my hair (I know I've been a little lazy, I've been living in my bun)....

So maybe I'm worrying to much, oh and for the record I'm not looking forward to losing more hair the longer it gets :nono: I wasn't ready for that statement lol...

That's more than fine for two weeks of not detangling.

Also, you don't lose more hair the longer it gets. It's just that the hair ball is going to look bigger because the hair is longer.

That's more than fine for two weeks of not detangling.

Also, you don't lose more hair the longer it gets. It's just that the hair ball is going to look bigger because the hair is longer.

Thanks, msa, that's what I was trying to say.

That is really good, for not detangling for two weeks.

Back