Should hair be parted a certain way based on face shape?

PhonyBaloney500

Is there any "chart" out there or any suggestions from you ladies on how best to part one's hair given your face shape?

Lets say square, oval, heart shaped, etc.?

Side part, middle part?

i was told that the best look for a woman is a part that is directly over the pupil of her eye. i agree. so when i part my hair, i line the comb up over my eye and drag it through my hair going back.

my face is round.

My face is oval and I tend to always part my hair down the middle. I don't know if it's recommended for my face but I think it compliments my face better than a side part.

I always part my hair on the side, b/c I saw a show once that said if you have a round or chubby face, a side part slims the face. I have no clue if it's true, I just do it out of habit now.

I like the middle, however, I try to switch it up because it's becoming a permanent part. My face is peanut shaped.:lachen:

I have a round face & when I do side parts it makes my face appear long. also middle parts don't look as good on me as my side parts. just like pullin my hair back makes me look younger to the point if I visit my old hs currently - it would b straight to the deans office for skippin class. I have to prove I graduated by showin my license. sorry for going off topic. I also place my side parts according to growth pattern - my side part is generally on the left

I like side parts. I have wide spaced eyes, and the middle parts seem to really emphasize that!

You took the words out of my mouth! Between my wide-spaced eyes, and high forehead, middle parts aren't a good look on me. Especially when wearing hair back or straight. It's not so bad when it's textured though.

I only wear a straight middle part when it's part of my hairdo, like in my avatar pic. Otherwise, it's always a slanted part, that starts roughly over my pupil (I think - I never really paid it much attention, but I know it is over my eye, sorta) and ends about in the middle of my crown.

I have a round face & when I do side parts it makes my face appear long. also middle parts don't look as good on me as my side parts. just like pullin my hair back makes me look younger to the point if I visit my old hs currently - it would b straight to the deans office for skippin class. I have to prove I graduated by showin my license. sorry for going off topic. I also place my side parts according to growth pattern - my side part is generally on the left

I have a round face too! And I look young for my age and if I wear my hair pulled back I look even younger. Ive even got carded at the movies to see R rated movies after showing my id when I bought the ticket! I was mad! But anyway, I wear my part in the middle, Ive never liked the way side parts look on me.:nono:

I have a big nose so I never do a middle part. That draws too much attention to the middle of my face. I usually do a slanted side part.

Back