Shorties: what's in your hair kit?

Belle Du Jour

For the ladies who are rocking a cute crop a la Halle (pre-2004) or Nia Long or like model Mariacarla in my avi what are your must have products? I know that a good cut is the foundation and I plan to spend top dollar to get it cut right. I might even go to a (gasp) white salon. :eek:

I really want to enjoy the low maintainence of having short hair. When I wore a short do, I took great pride in my hair so it was curled/fried every day. Now, there will be none of that this time around!

What is your routine? Back in the day, it was a wet wrap then curl with a curling iron.

What style products are a must have? I used to use a molding wax or pomade to "spike" it. What are you using?

I am so excited to get this done. I always felt sexy and edgy with my jet-black crop. I can't wait!!!

this is what I'll be doing soon. I mostly wet wrapped it and went my way. I didn't need a curling iron til my hair got longer. Before u let someone in a "white" salon cut yr hair, be sure they can handle black hair with care. I like to frequent "white" salons because they will ask u what u want done and how short u want yr hair to be cut. I've also noticed that they take their time with u and not work on 2 or 3 others while yr hair is being done. I wish u a successful journey.

Thanks DD. I am definitely spending the next couple weeks "interviewing" potential stylists :lol: They are not going to mess me up!

Back