Short Transition and Big Chop

Ladies,

I am seriously considering doing the big chop instead of a long term transition. I have read numerous threads and have done extensive research. I feel I am so ready even though it has only been 3 months. Can you please post pictures in this thread if you transitioned for 6 months or less. I would greatly appreciate it! :yep:

Bump.......

I would like to see pics also :yep:. I want to transition for 5 or 6 months but I am itching to do it sooner.

I started this thread a few months back:

ANYONE WHO BC'D AT 6/7 MONTHS OR EARLIER? PLEASE POST PICS :)

Just think really hard before you BC early. You don't want to BC and end up hiding your hair if you don't like it. Not saying that those who have BC'd early made a mistake (I have seen some BEAUTIFUL BC's from short term transitioners) but there are some people who don't like the length... (remember there's shrinkage to think about) and end up hiding their hair under wigs and in braids or kinky twists until it grows longer.

I had a very short transition. I did about 4 months and then i BC'd.....

I never had the patience for a long transition. I just dont have the hair doing skills for it. I am about a year post BC and i love it

Thanks! I definitely overlooked this thread.

I started this thread a few months back:

ANYONE WHO BC'D AT 6/7 MONTHS OR EARLIER? PLEASE POST PICS :)

Just think really hard before you BC early. You don't want to BC and end up hiding your hair if you don't like it. Not saying that those who have BC'd early made a mistake (I have seen some BEAUTIFUL BC's from short term transitioners) but there are some people who don't like the length... (remember there's shrinkage to think about) and end up hiding their hair under wigs and in braids or kinky twists until it grows longer.

I BC'd at 6.5 months but ended up doing a second BC 5 days later because the first was terrible and uneven. Pics are in my fotki.

Also check out sheacocaluv on youtube. Her BC is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUvkg3_i1Ss

She transistioned for 3.5 months and her BC is beautiful! She is the one who inspired me to cut early.

After your BC, check out her video "Confidence with your TWA" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKziSULrArg

This helped me greatly on that first and second day. HTH.

Hi hun, i transitioned for five or six weeks (i'm not really sure my last self relaxer date. I know it was something in the middle of July)

Here's a pic
If you want to see more, i have like six pictures in my fotki

Attachments

• SANY0001.jpg
    SANY0001.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Also check this thread:

JULY BC THREAD TRACKER --> My transitioning buddy 'countrychickd' BC'd @ 7 months post and I think she looks beautiful !!!

Aw, thanks so much girl! You're too sweet. I can't wait for your BC...but I shall wait as long as I have too..lol.

Yep, I BCed at 7 months post...now I'm 8 months post, but my signature pic is a few days after the BC. HTH!

I BC'd at 6.5 months but ended up doing a second BC 5 days later because the first was terrible and uneven. Pics are in my fotki.

Also check out sheacocaluv on youtube. Her BC is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUvkg3_i1Ss

She transistioned for 3.5 months and her BC is beautiful! She is the one who inspired me to cut early.

After your BC, check out her video "Confidence with your TWA" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKziSULrArg

This helped me greatly on that first and second day. HTH.

Thanks for the link! She was truly inspirational.

I wanted to wait 12 months but I only could get through 8...some here have waited 24....I didn't see how that could have been done with mine....

Ladies,

Thank you all for your responses and support! I did my big chop yesterday after only transitioning 12 weeks. I am still getting used to it, but I love it and feel so much better now that I have cut those relaxed ends off! :yep:

Last edited:
Ladies,

Thank you all for your responses and support! I did my big chop yesterday after only transitioning 12 weeks. I am still getting used to it, but I love it and feel so much better now that I have cut those relaxed ends off! :yep: I have included some pictures. Sorry if they are too large. I have no idea how to downsize them.

you look great. you make me wanna BC now, too. even though i see how pretty you guys look with it, i'm still scurred.

Congratulations!!!

Ladies,

Thank you all for your responses and support! I did my big chop yesterday after only transitioning 12 weeks. I am still getting used to it, but I love it and feel so much better now that I have cut those relaxed ends off! :yep: I have included some pictures. Sorry if they are too large. I have no idea how to downsize them.

I close to 4 months post. This is the longest I've ever transitioned.:ohwell: This is transition #9. :rolleyes: I am determined to make it past 6 months. My friends yesterday were like U not gonna make it that long!:lachen: The good thing is that I am learning more things about my hair and how to survive a cold Long Island winter without my morning co washing.:grin:

Looking good girl!! I miss the ease of my chop. My first time natural I chopped after 8 weeks :blush:. I loved it!!!

Hmm...you are giving me the bug dangit!

Ladies,

Congrats on your BC!

Back