short hair tools? PLEASE HELP!

shorthairdiva09

So, i did a little big cut.. My hair needed it bad, now I am stuck on what tools I need to style it before I go back to the hair dresser.. She said my hair was beyond damaged and was growing into the damaged ends causing it to have thin ends and break off.. I was happy, she did tell me I had fine had and did not need to have relaxers because my hair is fine already *yay* but with the attached picture, what tools will i need to style this on a daily basis?

OH YEA! I got a Demi Black Rinse.. never heard of that but my hair is shiny and silky so i guess it is a good think lol

Attachments

• IMG00256.jpg
    IMG00256.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG00208.jpg
    IMG00208.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG00212.jpg
    IMG00212.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 6
Hello :) I am growing out a short cut now so hopefully I can give you a few tips that worked for me.

*First, I only washed my hair once a week (also DC) I would then set it with wrap lotion and let it air dry. sometimes I used a little clear gel when it was close to touch up time so it would lay down better. (gel had no alcohol)

*I ONLY flat Ironed my hair once a week(Chi) on wash day w/ heat protection. It usually lasted me for the week if I kept it wrapped good at night

*Sometimes when it just wouldn't hold a curl, I would wrap my hair in a doo rag and slap on a hat. ( hey! I was only going to class lol)

* mostly used wide tooth combs and I never had a problem with shedding.

* I know a lot of people on this board are against that much direct heat once a week but for my short, relaxed hair cut, It worked for me. My hair was healthy and my ends were never thin. oh... and moisturize daily! hope that helps :)

what moisturizer did you use? I am trying to find a quick way to make it bump cause i am going to the fair tomorrow and want to show it off and get compliments like i did when i got it done thursday lol... it has been holding up this long though but I can tell one more day and it may be gone :(

what curling iron did you use? if you used any

I use Organic Root Stimulator Olive oil hair lotion. I got it at the BSS for like four bucks. I really like it and a little goes a long way as long as i use a good leave in condish.

I only use a Chi flat iron. I'm able to create curls with the flat iron so I don't really have a "curling iron". I think I have a big barrel iron from way back in the day somewhere under the sink lol

Just concentrate on curling the top for volume. if you wrap your hair right, you won't have to re-curl your whole head.

OOO i just saw the other pics! it's really cute :) you may not be able to recreate the small curls in the back the way the stylist did, but you should still be left with a nice wave pattern from the curls.

Take a look at my fotki, I don't go to the stylist so i pretty much tried to get down the look myself. hope it helps some!

Last edited:
yea i was thinking that! my back is growing back alreayd and i just got it cut two days ago.. what do you recommend doing once the curls are gone in the back? i have an FHI flat iron, and I'll prob stick to that for now. Thanks so much, i saw your fotki, your hair is really nice girl!

Hello :) I am growing out a short cut now so hopefully I can give you a few tips that worked for me.

*First, I only washed my hair once a week (also DC) I would then set it with wrap lotion and let it air dry. sometimes I used a little clear gel when it was close to touch up time so it would lay down better. (gel had no alcohol)

*I ONLY flat Ironed my hair once a week(Chi) on wash day w/ heat protection. It usually lasted me for the week if I kept it wrapped good at night

*Sometimes when it just wouldn't hold a curl, I would wrap my hair in a doo rag and slap on a hat. ( hey! I was only going to class lol)

* mostly used wide tooth combs and I never had a problem with shedding.

* I know a lot of people on this board are against that much direct heat once a week but for my short, relaxed hair cut, It worked for me. My hair was healthy and my ends were never thin. oh... and moisturize daily! hope that helps :)

:bighug::kiss4: I am going to need this for my relaxer touch up b/c the length is going to be short.

Thank you!!

I would just take a comb and flatten the curls after a few days and keep them wrapped. My hair was shaved in the back for years so I went to the barber shop once a week or sometimes twice and got it faded out. I'm sure you are trying to grow your hair out so that's not an option. I wouldn't try to curl down too far because that could just cause unnecessary heat damage. just keep the back smooth(wrapping at night helps this). it's difficult for us at this stage because you don't want to over process the back with perms but you do want it to be neat. just make sure you keep it moisturized and wrap it at night and it will last a lot longer.

Back