Short hair styles and cuts

Dido111

Hey Ladies,
Does anyone have or has had a short haircut or style with the back of the hair close shaven or cut close and there is more hair on the top- similiar to Kelli Martin (she used to be on Family Matters as Laura) or like Hallie Berry or if you seen Alyssa Malano new hair cut. What has been your experience with that? Do you have to go to the salon more often to keep up shape up? How about when you get touch -up ? (if you do?)

My mother's hair is cut like that. She goes to the salon every week. She gets it trimmed regularly to keep the style and they relax the back and sides as needed to keep them smooth. The top is relaxed less frequently, like 8 weeks.

I had a Halle cut and i did have to go like once every 6 weeks. I would have gone more often but i liked my hair just wrapped, not bumped and styled. So i washed and wrapped my hair myself every week. It all depends on how sleek you want to look
wink.gif
i'm pretty much....not too particular with how my hair looks
ohwell.gif
so it wasn't too much of a problem.

Hey Jainygirl
Yeah I was thinking of getting some thing like that . I am not looking for it to be bumped all the time. But you can actually wrap the hair? I was thinking that the hair will be too short ? How often did you have to get touch- ups?

Thanks for the info Pretty
Every week though? I don't have money like that now so I won't be getting the cut (if I do go through with it )But how often does she get the sides and the back done. I know you said she gets the top done every 8 weeks.

on no, actually it's the opposite. When your hair is that length just molding your hair in a wrap around your head, then combing it down is enough to give your hair a nice natural bump
wink.gif

on no, actually it's the opposite. When your hair is that length just molding your hair in a wrap around your head, then combing it down is enough to give your hair a nice natural bump
wink.gif
Also, i got touchups about every 6 weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
Dido111 said:
Thanks for the info Pretty
Every week though? I don't have money like that now so I won't be getting the cut (if I do go through with it )But how often does she get the sides and the back done. I know you said she gets the top done every 8 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. It's always sooner than 8 weeks though. I don't know the texture of your hair but, here's the thing. For the cut to lay down right you have to touch up those areas (the back and sides) more frequently, depending on the texture of your hair you may be able to have those sections re-touched frequently or not so frequently also the rate of hair growth you get.

I had my hair cut like that and immediately grew it out. My mother loves it though.

Back