short hair protective styles.

lovely_locks

Here is the length of my hair. I just got done air drying so my hair is not done. I guess I'm ear length? Idk, but my question is, what can I do as a protective style that is not wigs or extentions. I can make a some-what bun/nub thing lol!

ForumRunner_20120818_085435.jpg

ForumRunner_20120818_085520.jpg

At that length I would just keep my ends moisturized and not worry about PS. You don't have to worry about your ends rubbing against your clothes, so I don't think it's a big deal until your hair is longer.

Sent from my HTC Evo

When I was that length I PS'ed with Bantu knots, and twists. Like Foxxylocs said, just worry about keeping your ends moisturized, and you should be ok.

Okay! Ill start keeping my ends moisturized! I hope my hair is long enough to bun by winter, it gets so cold here!

When your hair is that short, it's already in a protective style. Really, for that length, you can do low manipulation styles. When I was that length, I did a LOT of flexirod sets.:yep:

I just got past this length a few months ago...as soon as I could pull my hair into any kind of pony/bun(although very tiny), I started using my phony ponies or weave to make a bun...

I had to use bobby pins to hold the short peices, but it has definitely helped me ps and not have to get a relaxer the last 3 mos! I also do braidouts, flexirod sets, and just started doing perm rod sets.

I focus more on low manipulation styles, b/c although you don't have to worry about your ends rubbing, you don't want to comb or use heat extensively either.

I'm kind of at the stage lovely_locs. I would love to do protective styles more, but have very thick, bushy hair that is hard to pull back to protect the ends. So I have a couple of questions:

I thought PS were to keep the moisture in the ends? Or is it more to keep the ends from rubbing clothing?

So what is a good routine for wearing non PS on short hair in order to keep the ends in good shape til I can get some length?

Oh forgot. I see ya'll talking about flexirod sets. Does anybody have some pictures of their results using the rods?

Tks Much.

OP you have a really nice cut; blunt length. I agree with some of the ladies who say to just do some good sets. I'm actually shorter than that, but I'm just keeping it neat, moisturized and curled in a headband.

I just got past this length a few months ago...as soon as I could pull my hair into any kind of pony/bun(although very tiny), I started using my phony ponies or weave to make a bun...

I had to use bobby pins to hold the short peices, but it has definitely helped me ps and not have to get a relaxer the last 3 mos! I also do braidouts, flexirod sets, and just started doing perm rod sets.

Good info! I was thinking of trying out for a phony weave bun. I can pull the crown into a lil phony, but the back still looks weird...unless I just do a low bun.

Back