Short Hair Grow Out Issue!!

Ginsana

Hello Ladies! I'm having an issue with my hair and I need some suggestions, advice or both. Since October 2003 I transitioned from permed hair to natural hair, then in July 2004 I got impatient with myself and texturized my hair which was awesome...but it was UNDERPROCESSED! It looked nice up close but far away by dad it looked like little locks! /images/graemlins/mad.gif which was sooo not the look I was going for (not that I'm knockin the locked ladies or anything) Sooo, since that time I haven't retexturized my hair, I have just been wearing my hair in wigs, weaves and braids. My hair has grown tremendously from July to now. I'm currently wearing a curly weave which looks so real to me...look in my album to see it...., but the Asian lady in the Beauty Supply store lied and told me that the hair is tangle free and I found out the hard way that ITS NOT!! Shoot! Now I want to just pull this stuff straight out of my hair, but if I take it out what will I do with my own hair?? My hair is not long enough to wear in a ponytail just yet and I don't know if it will look right if I texturize it again (fear of the "locked look") Any suggestions?? Should I just buy another brand of hair and switch it and way until my hair is long enough to wear up? Oh what is a girl to do...any and every piece of word is appreciated. You ladies are so knowledgeable I have no doubts that I'll get good feedback!

Thanks, thanks, thanks and B-Blessed!

/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Hey girl, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

It sounds like you might need another texturizer application to get the look that you were aiming for. Maybe a professional could do a corrective one for you...or you could take the risk of doing it yourself. Or....you could always straighten it with a curling iron.

Back