Short hair and protective styles...

kittykhat

For all you girls (if any) with neck length hair, how do you guys keep your hair protected I have to wear collared shirts for work and I work almost everyday. My hair snags on my collar sometimes. Am I doing any damage to my hair? it's growing and I don't see any damage but I'm just asking to make sure. I have a couple more questions:grin:...1)Does anyone know if silk elements lye regular will get my hair 85-90% straight? Or does anyone know any lye relaxer that I can get from sally's that will do that? I'm tired of my hair coming out underprocessed and poofy. Lol. & 2) How long does a tube of lye relaxer last. And how do I store it? Lol. Thanks guys.:yawn:

You have alot of questions.. :p I can only answer the one about having short hair and protective styles. I'm transitioning so that may be difference in styles but I wear alot of wigs. I love my wigs too! lol How do you feel about wearing weaves or sew ins? That'd help you with protective styles. I also wear twist outs but if I had relaxed hair, I'd wear phony phonies with my hair in a baggy full of conditioner! There's all sorts of protective styles you can wear with NL hair. Whatdaya think about wearing twist outs (braid or twist your hair, take them out and wear it "crinkled")? Hope this helps!

You have alot of questions.. :p I can only answer the one about having short hair and protective styles. I'm transitioning so that may be difference in styles but I wear alot of wigs. I love my wigs too! lol How do you feel about wearing weaves or sew ins? That'd help you with protective styles. I also wear twist outs but if I had relaxed hair, I'd wear phony phonies with my hair in a baggy full of conditioner! There's all sorts of protective styles you can wear with NL hair. Whatdaya think about wearing twist outs (braid or twist your hair, take them out and wear it "crinkled")? Hope this helps!

I've never worn a wig or sew ins or weaves. I really want to start. but thanks for giving me input on that.:yawn: And my hair is like texlaxed since my hair keeps coming out underprocessed. And sorry about all the questions. I'm just really new to a lot of these things because my mom always did my hair up until I was 20....:perplexedI'm still learning...

you can try pin curling your hair at night and doing a cute pin up in the morning. Also, twist outs/braid outs, like another poster said, may work.

HTH.

I'm NL too and I used to wear a lot of updo's. Like someone said if you put some curls in the hair (by pin curling-less heat) and wear it up, it looks cute. Even though your hiding the ends it's looks better when the hair was curled.

I am wearing a half wig now as a protective style.

As far as the relaxer, maybe soemone else can chime in on that.

How straight a relaxer gets your hair depends on your smoothing, how long you leave in, and the texture or porosity of your hair.

Back