Shopping for a new blowdryer

GeorginaSparks

Ok so i have been using the same blowdryer for 6 years...it has not failed and guess what brand? Mary Kate and Ashley!!!(from walmart :blush:)

Well in order to stretch my relaxers, i want to start blowdrying at least once every 2 weeks or more and i need a good quality blow dryer. Nothing too expensive. I just need something that wont be as damaging as my current one.

Any suggestions? thanks:grin:

I want a new one too because the one I have (Revlon Ionic 1875) works well but I hate the way the air blowing out smells when its on. :nono:

Interesting....pmichael....whats the difference between the one you posted and the round ones? Allandra, i wish i could afford that sedu :(

I think the difference to me is mostly the skill of the user. My dryer is easier to me because it's the same motion almost as combing my hair. I tried the nozzle ones and the way I have to hold it is awkward. Too far up and out away from my head. I'm not skilled at using a brush while drying and the pik attachment wasn't working for me either because it made the nozzle even longer. I often see videos of people who hold the nozzle to dry their hair rather than the handle itself. :nono:

My stylist uses the nozzle one and I get great results but I just can't use it on myself. They say it takes practice and getting use to but I'm not ready to spend time practicing when I need to be working with this new growth. The nozzle is more of a professional type dryer and I'm sure it has more speeds, heat settings and features. The top of the line ones do. You can still get some nozzles at Walmart and Target right along with min.

My main concern was that it was ionic and then that I could maneuver it. So I found my dryer!

Biglots currently has Rusk dryers for under 20.00 if you want a major name brand but if not just check out some reviews. I would not pay more than 30 because it's not an item that I use often for that is why I was eyeing the rusk yesterday.

I'm in need of a new hair dryer also. I purchased the Babylilss Pro Carerra from folica which didn't come with a comb attachment. I need a comb attachment so I ordered one which didn't fit. I contacted the manufacturer (Conair) and they don't make comb attachments, so I'm returning mine. I'm going to purchase the Chi blowdryer. I saw one on Amazon for $108. It's pricey but I don't blowdry often so I'm expecting it to last a long time.

I've never used a blow dryer without a comb attachment. How do you ladies do it?

Ok so i have been using the same blowdryer for 6 years...it has not failed and guess what brand? Mary Kate and Ashley!!!(from walmart :blush:)

Well in order to stretch my relaxers, i want to start blowdrying at least once every 2 weeks or more and i need a good quality blow dryer. Nothing too expensive. I just need something that wont be as damaging as my current one.

Any suggestions? thanks:grin:

Folica has $20 off (ends today) on Sedu blow dryers

I got the ceramic and ionic Cricket blow dryer from Sallys for under 50 dollars. I noticed a big difference with this from my old dryer. My hair dried quicker, had more moisture, and was very soft. I love it!

I got the ceramic and ionic Cricket blow dryer from Sallys for under 50 dollars. I noticed a big difference with this from my old dryer. My hair dried quicker, had more moisture, and was very soft. I love it!

thanks for sharing shtow! I checked sally's online and didn't see it but will check the store when I return the shampoo/leave in that I purchased this weekend.

I bought this one last night for $25 @Sally's. I signed up for the sally card so I was able to get the $29.99 price, but then it also had a $5 off sale.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Ionic-Hairdryer/SBS-255257,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-03

I don't know how good this one is yet... but my current blow dryer is also gold n' hot, but just the regular one:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Gold-Hairdryer/SBS-255135,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09-03

I like that one but I didn't like the pik...it would always break after a while.

I wonder if the blowdyers that are a lot more expensive are much better:look:

Biglots currently has Rusk dryers for under 20.00 if you want a major name brand but if not just check out some reviews. I would not pay more than 30 because it's not an item that I use often for that is why I was eyeing the rusk yesterday.

The same goes with me. I would probably spend more on a hair product or a dryer you sit under rather than a hand dryer, because I won't use it that much.

I'm in need of a new hair dryer also. I purchased the Babylilss Pro Carerra from folica which didn't come with a comb attachment. I need a comb attachment so I ordered one which didn't fit. I contacted the manufacturer (Conair) and they don't make comb attachments, so I'm returning mine. I'm going to purchase the Chi blowdryer. I saw one on Amazon for $108. It's pricey but I don't blowdry often so I'm expecting it to last a long time.

I've never used a blow dryer without a comb attachment. How do you ladies do it?[/quote]
i just started doing this about 2 months ago and i see a great improvement in my hair. what i do is hold the dryer in one hand and a wide tooth comb in the other and slowly glide the dryer down with the comb. although i dont actually touch my hair with the drier.

i just started doing this about 2 months ago and i see a great improvement in my hair. what i do is hold the dryer in one hand and a wide tooth comb in the other and slowly glide the dryer down with the comb. although i dont actually touch my hair with the drier.

And do you lose less hair? How long does it take you to completely dry your hair using this method? Oh and the final question, what blowdryer do you use?

I just repurchased the Andis Negative Ion Tourmaline Ceramic blowdryer used it today and its absolutely FANTASTIC, it gets my 4a/b coily hair VERY straight, drys in a snap and leaves the hair feeling very smooth and silky, its clear it lays the cuticle down. I just adore it, its a keeper for me:infatuated:

I see it in most BSS its $30

and-82310.jpg

I've never used a blow dryer without a comb attachment. How do you ladies do it?
I also have a CHI blowdyer. I paid $100 from JC Penny, mine also didn't come with a comb attatchment, those expensive ones usually don't so I taught myself to use it the way they use it in the salons and you know what???? It's very easy. I use a paddle brush with the dryer to dry my hair and it gets it WAY straighter than if I used a comb attachment. HTH

Back