Shiatsu thumb massagers

katie

I just bought these from the Body Shop.I am really really impressed.I had seen these before and was skeptical about using them for scalp massages as the packaging suggests.I thought my fingers would be better since those massagers are kind of pointy and I thought they would rip my hair out.
I got them, on a whim today and they are super!I like that I don't have to mess up my hair to massage my scalp like when I use my fingers.Any spot you put it on your head it can reach through the hair to the scalp as opposed to having to mess up your hair a bit to get to the scalp when using your fingers.And the material is rubbery so it cant possibly rip your hair out when used correctly.
And it feels a lot more relaxing than using my fingers.
Just wanted to share esp for all those ladies on the massage challenge.

I am also think ing of spraying Hot 6 Oil on them so I can do massages with oil.The Body SHop recommends using them with oil too.

Nessa,I think it may frizz up your cornrows.Not sure tho.I would wait til the cornrows are out to use it just to be safe.

How much did these cost?
grin.gif

Thank you very much for this info Katie! Looks like I may be adding this to my Christmas list!

thanks kate, they r cheap price too, I may go and pick some up this week, My hands r cramping up maybe I am using too much force but I like these, ty ty

I think they should be fine for delicate hair.The packaging recommends only pressing gently and I have noticed that I have to use less force (as compared to my fingers) to get a good massage.
Also the material is rubbery and flexible.I can't see it damaging or tearing up hair at all when used correctly.

I got some that were not as nice looking as those, the ends are not the same and they dont look as comfty, but I got 2/ $1 at walgreens, small black scalp/hair massages, I will check those out too ty

I asked around at The Body Shop yesterday for the massager and they had no clue what I wa was talking about. They said Canada had different products than the US stores.
frown.gif

They are not hard on the scalp at all.You have to use less force than you would use when you do it with your fingers too.But fingers should work out fine too tho.I just don't like having to mess up my hair to do a massage when I use my fingers

Back