Shescentit's Banana Brulee review!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
So my order came in today! :yay:

As soon as the mailman gave me the box, I started pre pooing :lol: I was kinda saddened that the scents of the pre poo oil and the Green Grape Mist weren't the same. I so loved the old scent of these two :( So anywho I pre pood with Jehan Oil for a few hours and shampood with the Jojoba and Hemp poo. I reaIly wanted to love it, after all of the raves, I was expecting to fall in love. It was my first time trying it and I didn't like it too tough :perplexed Made my hair feel coated and sticky and waxy. But I didn't care, I was just excited to get to the next step: Deep conditioning!!!! :woot:

The Banana Brulee scent reminds me of my grandma's banana pudding and it's really smooth and creamy :yep:

Sat under the dryer for an hour and rinsed. Upon rinsing, I could still feel the "stickiness" from the poo.... But my hair still came out so soft and smooth. My hair felt so great and moisturized. I had a good little amount of slip, too! It rinsed nice and clean, and had my bathroom smelling yummy. Next time I'll use another poo, and I know the results will be even better!

Another great conditioner from Ms SweetCashew! :up: Banana Brulee and Fortifying Mask are now permanant staples of mine. I never had a natural dc give me good results. NEVER. That is, until I found my babies :love2:

Last edited:
It smells great don't it! :lol: I can't wait to use it tonight. I am going to use the fortifying mask for 20 minutes first and then follow with this stuff.

It smells great don't it! :lol: I can't wait to use it tonight. I am going to use the fortifying mask for 20 minutes first and then follow with this stuff.

Your hair is gonna be sooooooooo soft!!! Are you gonna rollerset too?

I'm wondering if the stickiness you're talking about is from something else (before you started your pre-poo today). I absolutely love the Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo. I love how the comb glides through my hair (during the shampoo and upon rinsing it out). I just finished doing my hair a little while ago (and used all 3 products I have from this line). It does a good job at cleansing my hair, but I know everything doesn't work for everyone.

I'm wondering if the stickiness you're talking about is from something else (before you started your pre-poo today). I absolutely love the Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo. I love how the comb glides through my hair (during the shampoo and upon rinsing it out). I just finished doing my hair a little while ago (and used all 3 products I have from this line). It does a good job at cleansing my hair, but I know everything doesn't work for everyone.

I know how much you love it, you're one of the reasons I bought it! :yep: I wanted to like it so bad!

I thought it could've been something else too. But the only things I use on my hair are a leave in and an oil :perplexed Next time I use it, I'll clarify first, then use the Jojoba poo to see if maybe some sort of build up was getting in the way

Wow girl, you don't waste any time! I got my Banana Brulee today also. Can't wait to try it!:grin:

Cool!!! :cool: Have you tried any of the other shescentit products?

Girl, I don't EVER wait to use new stuff! I'm the epitome of an impatient person :lol:

Oooh, are you gonna use Hawaiin Silky again? I'm using it the next time I relax :grin:

Yep! I am very excited.

I have about 2 more uses out of the jar I have. I have been toying with trying phytorelaxer so I got some on the way but I am going to save it for the end of the year. I'll try it once and if I don't like it then I will go back to HS:yep:

Cool!!! :cool: Have you tried any of the other shescentit products?

Girl, I don't EVER wait to use new stuff! I'm the epitome of an impatient person :lol:

Oh yes, I have the Hemp Shampoo, Seyani Hair Butter, Fortifying Masque, Avocado Conditioner, and now the Banana Brulee.:yep:

SweetCashew has done us all so proud. I hope her line becomes huge. I would much rather support her than some conglomerate that couldn't care less about us or our hair.

Oh yes, I have the Hemp Shampoo, Seyani Hair Butter, Fortifying Masque, Avocado Conditioner, and now the Banana Brulee.:yep:

SweetCashew has done us all so proud. I hope her line becomes huge. I would much rather support her than some conglomerate that couldn't care less about us or our hair.

I agree. That is one reason why I am trying to purchase more products from the ladies here. SweetCashew, BillyJay, Scorpian etc..... I rather they get my money.

I agree. That is one reason why I am trying to purchase more products from the ladies here. SweetCashew, BillyJay, Scorpian etc..... I rather they get my money.

Speaking of Scorpian, I just got some free samples of her conditioners today in the mail! :grin: I also got some Mango Peach chapstick, which I love! My lips are forever dry, and they've been cracking and peeling horribly lately. Two applications of the chapstick, and the peeling is GONE! :pepper: It goes on really smooth, and the ingredients are fab!

Speaking of Scorpian, I just got some free samples of her conditioners today in the mail! :grin: I also got some Mango Peach chapstick, which I love! My lips are forever dry, and they've been cracking and peeling horribly lately. Two applications of the chapstick, and the peeling is GONE! :pepper: It goes on really smooth, and the ingredients are fab!

She is next on my list to hit up. I read the reviews of her stuff on Queeny's blog two days ago. I already went through every product on her site and I got my first order already planned. Scorpian is my homie so I am looking forward to order some of her stuff. I will have to get one of those chapsticks now. I'll get one for my brother too, his lips get dry since he spends alot of time outside.

First, let me take a sip of this regarding all of those who have received their conditioner....

haterade.jpg

*wipes mouth*

Now, what is this flavored chapstick you speak of....

please share pretty haired lady...:yep:

ETA: Nevvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrr mind....found the link in Q's thread. Bookmarked it.

Last edited:
She is next on my list to hit up. I read the reviews of her stuff on Queeny's blog two days ago. I already went through every product on her site and I got my first order already planned. Scorpian is my homie so I am looking forward to order some of her stuff. I will have to get one of those chapsticks now. I'll get one for my brother too, his lips get dry since he spends alot of time outside.

I thought I was the only one who did that! :lachen:

I'll stalk the website, figure out what I want, calculate the cost (including shipping) and write it all down in my "wish list" for safe keeping :lol:

Then I'll search the internet for any and every review :lachen:

I thought I was the only one who did that! :lachen:

I'll stalk the website, figure out what I want, calculate the cost (including shipping) and write it all down in my "wish list" for safe keeping :lol:

Then I'll search the internet for any and every review :lachen:

:lol: Nawl girlie, I gotsta plan ahead :yep:

First, let me take a sip of this regarding all of those who have received their conditioner....

haterade.jpg

*wipes mouth*

ETA: Nevvvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrrr mind....found the link in Q's thread. Bookmarked it.

:rolleyes: Like yours ain't on the way. And you got the big jar

haterade.jpg

*wipes mouth*

Yeah, take a reeeeaaaal long sip, cause the conditioner is GOOD! :lachen: :lachen:

I really, really like this chapstick! I tried Oyin's chapstick a long time ago, but like all the others, it went on really thick and made my lips peel.

This one goes on light, it feels like my lips can breath. My lips are smooth for the first time in months! She has bubblegum, apple, mango peach and I think two other flavors that I can't remember.

The ingredients are:
Sweet almond oil, beeswax, palm christi oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, EPO, meadowfoam oil, avocado butter, vit E, rosehip oil, aloe oil, rosemary, neem oil, flavor and coloring

Good, huh? :)

Yeah, take a reeeeaaaal long sip, cause the conditioner is GOOD! :lachen: :lachen:

I really, really like this chapstick! I tried Oyin's chapstick a long time ago, but like all the others, it went on really thick and made my lips peel.

This one goes on light, it feels like my lips can breath. My lips are smooth for the first time in months! She has bubblegum, apple, mango peach and I think two other flavors that I can't remember.

The ingredients are:
Sweet almond oil, beeswax, palm christi oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, EPO, meadowfoam oil, avocado butter, vit E, rosehip oil, aloe oil, rosemary, neem oil, flavor and coloring

Good, huh? :)

:lick: Yup! Thanks.

I suffer from LLT (LL LipLicking Tendencies) so I am fo'eva buying balm. Definitely will get.

Still hating...waiting for my tracking number to pop up...:ohwell:

Can you post links to BillyJay and Scorpian's sites please? I would love to check out their products! :)

I know how much you love it, you're one of the reasons I bought it! :yep: I wanted to like it so bad!

I thought it could've been something else too. But the only things I use on my hair are a leave in and an oil :perplexed Next time I use it, I'll clarify first, then use the Jojoba poo to see if maybe some sort of build up was getting in the way
I have 9 months worth of new growth (I'm transitioning), and it does wonders on my new growth. :yep:

y'all make me so sick. I have a list of everything from sweetcashew's site with pricing. I just got put on to bj's website two weeks ago. I have a list of everything I want from her site with pricing. Now y'all got the nerve to add scorpian's site to the list. but like y'all say I'd rather give them my money than pantene.

i've never ordered from billyjay or scorpian but ive found sweetcashews products to be the truth so im so excited to try the others.

i just ordered the banana conditioner and the avocado conditioner yesterday. i cant wait to get it. i also ordered from hairveda again yesterday for the green tea butter and the whipped creme. i am in love with the cocasta oil :lick:.

i just ordered the banana conditioner and the avocado conditioner yesterday. i cant wait to get it. i also ordered from hairveda again yesterday for the green tea butter and the whipped creme. i am in love with the cocasta oil :lick:.

I hope I fall in love with that too. Mine should be here soon.

Back