SherryLove! wow!

I'm calling you out girl. WOW your hair is awesome! Give us the scoop. How long did it take to grow it that long? What's your reggie?

Bow down :worship2:

211846335.jpg

My word, that is some gorgeous hair here!!!

Hey Ladies,

SherryLove is not on as frequently as she used to be. (so it may be a while before she responds) You all may try checking the June 2003 FOM for more information about how she cares for her hair. :up: :)

I'm calling you out girl. WOW your hair is awesome! Give us the scoop. How long did it take to grow it that long? What's your reggie?

Bow down :worship2:

211846335.jpg

OMG!!!! I was so not expecting this post when i began browsing through the forum.... what a pleasant surprise... smile.

thanks so much for the shout out, drasgrl....and thank you to all of the other ladies as well. thank you. thank you.

drasgrl, it is really hard to say how long it took my hair to grow this length. When I really became serious about growing my hair in 2003, i had several hair blunders and had to cut it several times along the way. I truly believe that it probably would have taken my hair a little over a year to grow from waist length to the length it is in the first pic that is showing my hair length.

And as for my regimen, here it is:

When it comes to my Crown and Glory, I use mainly natural organic products. Over time, this has definitely made a marked improvement in the condition of my hair. My hair is constantly growing and has incredible length and shine. My moisture-thirsty tresses love to be basked in Aubrey Organics (AO) Honeysuckle Rose, GPB, and Jojoba&Aloe shampoos and conditioners.

Every two weeks, the evening prior to visiting my beautician, I give my hair an overnight hot oil treatment. The next morning my beautician massages my scalp for 10 minutes prior to shampooing my hair. After rinsing and towel drying my freshly shampooed hair, she applies a generous amount of conditioner to my hair. I always ask her to detangle my hair while the conditioner is in it. She then covers my conditioned hair with a plastic cap. I sometimes sit under the steamer for 30 minutes, or I just let the conditioner sit in my hair for two hours without any type of heat. After she rinses the conditioner from my hair, she applies and rinses my hair with a detangling rinse (either AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner or Nacidit Olive Oil rinse). She then applies Giovanni Direct Leave-in conditioner to my hair before she sets it with magnetic rollers. It usually takes my hair two hours to dry.

Once every two months, I clarify my hair with AO’s

On a daily basis, I sport a classic bun or a loosely curled ponytail. Every evening I lightly oil my hair, focusing on the ends with a heavenly mixture of castor oil, jojoba oil, and wheat germ oil or Phytospecific Beauty Styling Crème (PBS Crème) before setting the ponytail length of my hair with rollers. The PBS Crème really helps the hair to hold curls longer. It is amazing.. I then cover my hair with a satin or silk scarf before retiring for the evening.

Because it only wreaks havoc on my tresses, I never blow dry or wrap my hair …..

Shampoos
AO Selenium Blue
AO Swimmers (good for clarifying)
AO Jay Desert Herb
AO Island Naturals
Nioxin System 8 (good for clarifying)

Conditioners
AO Jojoba&Aloe
AO Honeysuckle Rose
AO GPB
Giovanni Direct Leave-in

Detangling Rinse
Nacidit Olive Oil
AO Honeysuckle Rose
Matrix Biolage

Oils
Desert Essence or AO Jojoba oil
Jamaican Black Castor oil
Aura Cacia Rosemary oil
Wheat germ oil

Styling Aid
Phytospecific Beauty Styling Crème
Phytodefrisant moisturizing balm

Styling Tools
Belson Ionic hood dryer
Belson Ionic soft bonnet dryer
Hot tools Ionic salon rollaround dryer
Hot tools tourmaline ceramic curling iron
FHI runway nano ceramic curling iron
Mason Pearson brush
Good quality comb

Do you use a flatiron or you use the curling irons only? You must trust your stylist a lot!!! :grin:

hey there, sunbasque. i actually use the curling irons. i hot curl my hair w/the fhi runway nano curling iron or the hot tools tourmaline curling iron once a week to give it a good curl memory....my stylist is in no way involved in the drying process of my hair. after she sets my hair on rollers, i run off to dry my hair in the comfort of my own home. smile...

hey there, sunbasque. i actually use the curling irons. i hot curl my hair w/the fhi runway nano curling iron or the hot tools tourmaline curling iron once a week to give it a good curl memory....my stylist is in no way involved in the drying process of my hair. after she sets my hair on rollers, i run off to dry my hair in the comfort of my own home. smile...
I'm impressed you use a curling iron and have only a good outcome with your hair! :up:

Isis, you should know. Didn't SherryLove have a diferent forum name before? What was it. She's been here for awhile yes?

Hey there, january. My username has been SherryLove since I joined this forum in 2003. However, I did go under the username of MizDivine and SherryLove35 on other haircare forums.

HTH

Wow! So you're telling me you run out of the hairdressers with rollers in your hair!!! You must bring your own rollers. :grin: LOL. You're gutsy and in CONTROL!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!! A lot of women don't take control like that and allow stylists to wreck havoc on their hair!!!!!!!!

Wow! So you're telling me you run out of the hairdressers with rollers in your hair!!! You must bring your own rollers. :grin: LOL. You're gutsy and in CONTROL!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!! A lot of women don't take control like that and allow stylists to wreck havoc on their hair!!!!!!!!

LOL.. I do bring my own rollers. I bring my own everything. And by the way, the beauty salon is right across the street from where I live; so I do not have to walk too far sporting big magnetic rollers in my hair...smile...

:wow:Your hair is simply amazing!!!:worship2:I've lurked in your fotki several times :yep: but never sent you a message:nono:. Just wanted to say that I'm an admirer of your hair and I hope to reach WL soon.

OMG, OMG, OMG! That is some gorgeous hurr you got there.
:wow:
OK, SherryLove, I'm adding you to my inspirations list.
:look: Em, if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

Hey Sherry! :wave: Just popped in to say hello

Hair still lookin drop dead gorgeous as usual

Back