Shen Min Hair Nutrient

mssaab

Has anyone tried Shen Min Hair nutrient? The bottle states that "it is the orginal hair nutrient from the Orient." Product ingredients are Shen Min (He Shou Wu root extract and root powder)1,775 mg and black pepper extract, 3 mg. The clerk at the Vitamin Store highly recommended it, although one bottle containing 90 tablets cost $26.99.
antlers.gif

What company manufactured the product? Is it Biotech corporation? I saw something like that in the vitaminshoppe catalog. I wanted to wait for more response on the product before I order it.

That's what I thought. Biotech seems to be the only company that offers it. I would rather wait for more feedback before I consider buying it. I hope it's pretty good like the clerk said.

If you find out any more, keep us posted. It's seems to be a pretty product. But just to be on the safe side ask more about it.

I bought it at a local health food store; you have to buy three bottles to get the recommended three months of usage before seeing results. At $25/bottle, it's not cheap!

It could be the shin min growing my hair like weed, but I use other vits, too. I don't get any reactions to the product, but I do have some serious new growth under my relaxed ends.. so much so I'm ready for a chop.

It's getting late, but I'll be back with the lenghth of my new growth...

The "active" ingredient in ShenMin is the Chinese herb Fo-ti, some call it He Shou Wu, and it is a herb that has many good qualities. I've been taking fo-ti for about three months now and I love it. I do not use the ShenMin brand because I find it cheaper to just buy the fo-ti capsules, I usually pay around $7-8 per bottle for 100 capsules.

I use to buy the Shen min made by Biotech. I stopped buying it because it was expensive and takes a long time before seeing results. I may try it again if other people have gotten some results.

I posted this product on the discussion board on salon discussion. I am a rheumathoid arthritis patient, and being on steriods made my hair fall out. This works!!!
I am a walking testimonial - it cosy me $27.99 for 30 day supply - and you won't see results till at least 3 months later - but that is the case for most vitamins. I have a kick butt nutritionist in Manhattan. He use to work for NASA - he was responsible for making sure the astronauts had the right vitamins for there long term missions. He takes your blood - and does a complete breakdown of what you need and what you already have enough of! This way there is no second guessing anything! He tells you exactly what you need! He is $200.00 a visit - but ladies, I could not walk or hold a spoon in my hand, forget about writing! I have been in full remission for 2 years...

[ QUOTE ]
I posted this product on the discussion board on salon discussion. I am a rheumathoid arthritis patient, and being on steriods made my hair fall out. This works!!!
I am a walking testimonial - it cosy me $27.99 for 30 day supply - and you won't see results till at least 3 months later - but that is the case for most vitamins. I have a kick butt nutritionist in Manhattan. He use to work for NASA - he was responsible for making sure the astronauts had the right vitamins for there long term missions. He takes your blood - and does a complete breakdown of what you need and what you already have enough of! This way there is no second guessing anything! He tells you exactly what you need! He is $200.00 a visit - but ladies, I could not walk or hold a spoon in my hand, forget about writing! I have been in full remission for 2 years...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the feedback. So I should go back to taking it again.

Sade7 said:
The "active" ingredient in ShenMin is the Chinese herb Fo-ti, some call it He Shou Wu, and it is a herb that has many good qualities. I've been taking fo-ti for about three months now and I love it. I do not use the ShenMin brand because I find it cheaper to just buy the fo-ti capsules, I usually pay around $7-8 per bottle for 100 capsules.

what brand of this do you purchase? and how many do you take daily?
tia

i think i saw this at the vitaminshoppe and was wondering about this vitamin also...man yall gonna have me taking some vitamins...im almost tempted to find out more about it..but anything that will increase my growth..and get me to my goal..at least by next year and by the time my birthday comes would be nice...

so now i have the nioxin, silica, HF37, biotin, maybe shen min???...those are the ones im taking but i also still have the prenatal vitamins and the GNC nourishair vitamins...

I think at last reading when she was a feature of the month, JenniferMD uses this.
mssaab said:
Has anyone tried Shen Min Hair nutrient? The bottle states that "it is the orginal hair nutrient from the Orient." Product ingredients are Shen Min (He Shou Wu root extract and root powder)1,775 mg and black pepper extract, 3 mg. The clerk at the Vitamin Store highly recommended it, although one bottle containing 90 tablets cost $26.99.
antlers.gif

LMAO, girl you better slow down, your becoming a vitamin PJ, LOl, I say at least stick to one long enough to see what is giving you the best results, this way you won't be wasting money. I know I can't wait to get the nioxin, because it is lest vitamins to take, when pple come to visit I have all my vitamins on my shelf above the computer and they be asking me what is this for and that for like I'm on death row, LOL, so 2-3 vitamins will be good enough as long as they show results.
bluediamond0829 said:
i think i saw this at the vitaminshoppe and was wondering about this vitamin also...man yall gonna have me taking some vitamins...im almost tempted to find out more about it..but anything that will increase my growth..and get me to my goal..at least by next year and by the time my birthday comes would be nice...

so now i have the nioxin, silica, HF37, biotin, maybe shen min???...those are the ones im taking but i also still have the prenatal vitamins and the GNC nourishair vitamins...

Back