Shelf Life of Unopened Natural Products

Ogoma

Can we use this thread to list the shelf life of natural products or any others you might be interested in?

List as:
- Product
- Unopened shelf life
- Opened shelf life

I sent an email to Curl Junkie on the shelf life of unopened products yesterday's and she very promptly responded this morning.

- Curl Junkie
- Unopened: 2 years from date of manufacture
- Opened: 12 months within those two years

I had to give her the bar code to get what the date of manufacture is for the product and thankfully it was a few months ago.

Last edited:
Here ya go:

Q: Since SD products are handmade, should I put them in the refrigerator?

A: No, it is not necessary to refrigerate the products since they contain a preservative. The shelf life of the conditioning and cleansing products is approximately 6 months. The shelf life of butter and oil products is 2-4 months.

Preservatives & Shelf Life: Oyin Handmade strives to be as gentle and natural as possible in our choice of preservative systems. Below is a list of our various products, thier methods of preservation, and their respective shelf life expectations.
Body Butter Bars, Honeysticks, Funk Butter, Burnt Sugar, Lip Balms, Whipped Shea, AfterBath (water-free formulations preserved with Vitamin E or by a natural combination of long-shelf life oils.)- 1-2 years.
Juices (Greg Juice, Frank Juice, Juices & Berries) (preserved with grapefruit seed extract & citric acid) - 6 months to a year if kept in a cool place.
Whipped Pudding, Shine & Define, Honey-Hemp Conditioner (preserved with 0.5% - 1% paraben-free broad-spectrum cosmetic preservative Optiphen ) - 6-9 months. If you use these products very slowly, and/or order multiples and plan to store them longer than a few months, please keep the containers in the fridge to maintain freshness. If you are moving to Saskatchewan or the Australian Outback and want to stock up on Whipped Pudding before you go, you can freeze for 6-8 months and let thaw for a day at room temperature with no ill effects.

Back