Shedding...

Thanks Vanity1.

JayAnn :( I'm sorry. Mine was bad, my hair grows pretty fast so the little hair makes it look a bit filled in if they're fully dried with no product. My whole hairline was/is sparse. I am making a u part wig so I can attempt to hide it.

Silly me I thought my hair would shed evenly. Nope edges on the right side are gone left side looks totally normal.

Well I guess I can no longer say I kept my edges this time around.:nono: I noticed last week that the shedding seemed to slow down. Still a lot than usual, but not like the big globs of it. I was brushing my hair this morning and I looked at the brush and thought that there was more hair in it than yesterday. I looked at my hair and there on the left side, hair was gone. I'm just waiting on the other side to follow along.

This is so depressing.

Mine started around 3.5 months. It's slowing down now. I used to have a huge clump daily. Now like every other day there's a huge clump falling out. There used to be tumbleweeds of my hair on the floor that the dogs would be scared of. Just hair that fell out as I walked past.

I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I really want to wear my hair straight, but I'm scared of seeing how thin my hair truly is. My curls kind of hide it for other people, but I know the truth.

I colored my hair dark last night and I usually need 4 applications. I used 2 last night and could have went with 1.5. I almost cried.

I don't recall shedding with my first and no shedding so far. I take a ton of supplements so that could be a factor.

I though I was luck. No PP shedding until he was about 6 months. He's 18 months now and I'm still shedding! It is depressing because I used to have thick hair and now it is so then. Aveda Damage remedy usually helps but not with this shedding. I have been deep conditioning. Everything I can think of! I think I will do aphoghee and a garlic shampoo for the next month then get some braids because I am tired of finding hair everywhere. When will it end!? I haven't changed anything else, so I'm guessing it's PP.

My hair is only shedding around the hairline. I look ridiculous. It's stupid thick in the middle and balding around the edges. Really? REALLY!? #sigh#

The worse part is the uneven shedding. :(

Mine has slowed down a lot. I had a blowout for the wedding we attended last weekend and it has prevented my awful tangles. :) I also cut an inch or two off. :grin:

SweetAKA What is up with the ceiling fan?! I thought it was just my kids. Ours stare at the chandelier so much they had me looking at it squinting and whatnot! :drunk:

sareca She loves the ceiling fans!! If I'm trying to finish up something, I can put her on the floor and turn the fan on and it will keep her entertained for about 5-10mins. She also loves the pots that hang from the rack in the kitchen. I wish I could be so easily entertained.:lol:

For the first time in my life I have "baby hairs". Should slick them down with gel? :giggle: But seriously--wth do i do with this? :look:

When I wet mine they look even more transparent. I've been just leaving them in halo type fro situation. :ohwell:

The shedding has officially started. It's scary but I'm excited! I started using Mira oil on my edges again tho. :look:

The hair texture seems to be different too. My curls are a lot looser. Has that happened to anyone else?

Op, I went through it, and I was depressed. My mom kept telling me it would happen, and it did. It started when she was about 3 months, my hair came out in clumps, and I was literally bald at the temples. I didn't know how to conceal it, so I wore scarfs. I rubbed castor oil into my scalp and hair three times a day, I took garlic pills, and did protein treatments. Nothing helped, but after a few weeks, it slowed it down. It stopped, and started growing back in when she was about six-7 mths old. It was a nightmare, my mom told me it usually happens with girls.

The shedding has officially started. It's scary but I'm excited! I started using Mira oil on my edges again tho. :look:

The hair texture seems to be different too. My curls are a lot looser. Has that happened to anyone else?

I went from curls to waves. I'm 5 months postpartum and don't have my curls back yet.

Shedding like crazy too. i had my last baby in 2010 and had just recovered from shedding when I got pregnant again!

i shed now and i'm only 5 months. this baby isn't giving me anything! no thickness, no length. once he gets here, i will drink protein shakes and make sure my iron levels are good. i am not trying to cut my hair.

I'm up here tryin to make it to hip length next year but all I wanna do is take DH's clippers to my head!!!! This shedding is awful, and creating such knots...it's the worst. And the patchy front..I look like I'm sick. I hope this postpartum hair mess eases up soon.

my hair has started to grow in straight. it's so messed up like when white women are growing out their curly perms.:sad:

It looks like it's slowing down (4months) but I have an afro at my temples. The rest of my hair is almost back to pre-preggo thickness.

Ugh, I am bumping this thread more so just to vent. My shedding has started about 2 weeks ago, I am 3.5 months postpartum and it's really depressing. I am really getting tempted to just cut it off.

My hair grew in straight too, but it's normal now. :yep:

I looked like Cassie lol.

I looked like Cassie too :perplexed

I straightened my hair and parted on the side. Initially I was like OMG all this breakage?!!?? Then realized it was the pieces growing in. They're a little over an inch and I haven't too much noticed them when my hair is curly. It looks like I have a lot of baby hair, but it blends in so well I forgot about it until now.

OhMiGosh!

Thanks so much for this thread... Chile I woke up 2 months ago with a damn near bald spot on the right side of my temple... and I thought WTH, I always moisturize my edges...

I didn't know it could be associated with post pregnancy. My DD is 5 months now.

OhMiGosh!

Thanks so much for this thread... Chile I woke up 2 months ago with a damn near bald spot on the right side of my temple... and I thought WTH, I always moisturize my edges...

I didn't know it could be associated with post pregnancy. My DD is 5 months now.

yes, and it's so depressing. I had finally reached my first goal of BSL and was headed toward MLB...that's a joke now. It's so thin and not cute at all :-(

Back