Shedding or breakage? On fine strands...

Zsugar

How can I tell the difference? I was textlaxed a month ago after 5 years natural. Back then I would box braid my natural hair while damp then spritz once or twice a day with water/random oil.Taking down and rebraiding once a month. Of course I would rinse my hair every few days and condition ends only.
Now with my texlax hair , I dc every 5 days and put into one loose braid and pin into a bun.combing mostly in the shower. Finger combing any other time. I am not used to seeing what I think is a lot of shed hair on wash day,mostly when I fingercomb dry hair. How can I tell if its breaking?

* On my way to do an apoghee 2 step protein treatment. :perplexed

How can I tell the difference? I was textlaxed a month ago after 5 years natural. Back then I would box braid my natural hair while damp then spritz once or twice a day with water/random oil.Taking down and rebraiding once a month. Of course I would rinse my hair every few days and condition ends only.
Now with my texlax hair , I dc every 5 days and put into one loose braid and pin into a bun.combing mostly in the shower. Finger combing any other time. I am not used to seeing what I think is a lot of shed hair on wash day,mostly when I fingercomb dry hair. How can I tell if its breaking?

* On my way to do an apoghee 2 step protein treatment. :perplexed

If the hair has a little bulb on the end it is shedding.

How often do you do protein? How many broken hairs are coming out?

I believe its when you see a white bulb at the end of the strand its shedded hair. If theres no bulb, long or short -its a broken hair.

Roughly 20-30 long a** strands. My strands are so fine, I basically need a magnifier to see the ends.Some have bulbs, some don't. I did the 2 minute apoghee protein about a week ago.

ditto on what they said. bulb its shed, no bulb its broken. i have fine strands as well so be careful with that aphogee. my fine strands cant handle strong protien.

Back