Shedding/ Breakage has NOT stopped...

beana3

okay I really loved the straight look i got from the salon, BUT I'm starting to think that too many hairs where driven over the top (thanks cutebajangirl and tracy 4 the explanantion
wink.gif
) by my relaxing process. I washed my hair last night after taking down my cornrows that morning. I did a hot oil, washed with soft and Beautiful shampoo, and used Profectiv deep condit... none of these seemed to slow or stop the breakage. Then i used the Razace leave-in which finally relieved the breakage dramatically, i followed with their serum and finally did the ponytail airdry method with success!!

At this point I'm almost tempted to say i think overprocessing occured. If this still happens my next wash (scheduled for Tuesday) I'll definetely take it as overprocessing.

make sure to deep condition your hair with some type of protein conditioner and sit under the dryer for 15 - 20 everytime you wash then soften it with a good moisturizer. get those ends moisturize so that you dont loose them.

thanks for the advice stacia
smile.gif

My worry is that I did an aphogee treatment last week and that's pretty hard core. I dont want to over protein. but you have a point, I'm going to use a reconstructor my next wash and see how that works out.

Beana, have u ever tried Sebastian Penetraitt for a deep conditioner (protein). I have been using it on and off for about 2 yrs and I think its the best ! Better than Emergencee and waay cheaper and it lasts really long too.

Hey beana.
wave.gif

I remember a while back when you were dealing with the underprocessing. Are you still suffering from it, and if not, how did you fix it?

when i have a lot of breakage, i do a reconstructor every week,and that relieves the problem. after the breakage subsides, i go back to my every two week policy to help strengthen the hair.

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the rec Britt! How much does the pentraiit cost? i hope its not over $30
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

U can get it at some bss for about $26 but the most I have ever seen it for was $30. I think its the best protein out there!!!

thanks everyone for your advice.

I'm thinking I will do the penetraiit next week, and then follow with a mild reconstructive routine until the breakage stops.

[ QUOTE ]
thanks everyone for your advice.

I'm thinking I will do the penetraiit next week, and then follow with a mild reconstructive routine until the breakage stops.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I would do the penetraitt a few times until the breakage is completely gone and just make sure to moisturize well after using Penetraitt.
HTH

Back