Shedding after semi-permanent rinse?

stixx

I've been losing a ton of hair, all long strands with bulbs, since I dyed my hair a couple days ago (clairol, ammonia free, semi-permanent). I've just started taking garlic pills again to slow it down, but I was wondering if this is normal and if it'll stop?

I wonder if I'm having some sort of a reaction to it, and I'm going to end up bald or something? :nono:

Any help would be appreciated <3

edit: I should mention, I'm 4b texlaxed, about 9 weeks post and was due for a touch up (going to wait a bit longer now)

Well I've used the Clairol semi-perm hair rinse with no adverse reactions; Personally i use any hair rinses with no problems. Maybe its something else. Did you shampoo well and deep condition afterwards with an extreme moisturizing conditioner? that's all I can really think of since I've never experienced this...Hope that helps somewhat...

Yes I think you should DC with an extremely moisturizing DC, your scalp is probably too dry after the rinse...good luck :)

Your may be having an allergic reaction the same thing happened to my mom when she didn't listen to me (to do a strand test) the whole middle of her head broke off. Liz at the dom. salon gave her treatment and rodsets to grow it back.

what BeautifulWideEyes said - it may be an allergic reaction. I could be any one of the ingredients or a combo of the color + other products that you used or none of the above. Which Clairol product did you use? Perhaps Propylene Glycol or peroxide or PPD (p-Phenylenediamine)? I hope it stops sorry to read that this happened to your hair.

YES... I'm experiencing the same thing. I did a rinse w/ Clariol Beautiful Collection in Black almost 2 weeks ago. Although I love the color my hair started shedding noticeable more and this was the only thing different in my reggie. Its getting better as I wash but I will not but another rinse in my hair.

It could be a regular shedding period for you. I would discontinue the rinse until you find out. Otherwise, are you still doing your regular hair care routine?

I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PRO AND I DO A RINSE AFTER EVERY RELAXER....BUT I ONLY USE JAZZINGS OF SEBASTIANS CELLOPHANES

Thanks for all the responses ladies...the shedding seems to have gone down (though I'm not sure if that's natural or because of the garlic). I never pay much attention to my actual scalp when I DC so I will try that.

Back