Shed no more---Help!!!!!!!!!

ebaby

I am in the 8th month of my transition back to natural. My hair is shedding like crazy and I need help. I have a ton of new growth and then my crazy relaxed ends...not ready to bc as of yet. What products and tips do u use to battle excessive shedding? I am losing a loooooooooot of hair but it is still really thick.

Believe it or not, henna helped with my shedding during my transition. I also keep Aphogee 2 min and Aphogee Moisture shampoo on hand as well. Oh and I also keep a stash of Infusium 21 (did I say that right?).

There is also a garlic enhanced conditioner that escapes me at the moment. I'll have to search through one of my threads to find it.

Thanks...I have read and searched about henna since it first became popular on this site...but have been too scared to try it. I really need to look into it. It's getting so thick but I am losing a lot of hair. I am hoping it is shedding and not breaking...I still have a way to go into my transition.

I just remembered the conditioner. It's called Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

I haven't had an opportunity to try that one myself, but I've heard nothing but good things about it regarding stopping the shedding.:yep:

images

I really like the henna. It's helped a lot with my hair, as well as with my daughter's porous hair. I have a couple of review threads (and albums for both of us) that I posted some where. I'll see if I can't track them down for you. If you're a little wary of using the henna, then I would encourage you to try the Alter Ego.

A lot of the women in my 2010 OCT/MegaTek challenge use it and rave about it. I've been meaning to buy some to add to my stash for the "just in cases".:grin:

I know you can definitely find it online. Some beauty salons/stores may carry it as well. But it's one of those products that would be locked behind a glass cabinet.

OP, not sure where you live, but I live in NJ and can find Alter Ego Garlic Condish product in my local BSS.

Instead of using conditioner, I started taking a garlic supplement everyday during my shedding season (winter) during my transition. That cut the shedding down dramatically. During the other seasons, I take it once or twice a week. I use Nature's Bounty - they truly are odorless.

I just remembered the conditioner. It's called Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner.

I haven't had an opportunity to try that one myself, but I've heard nothing but good things about it regarding stopping the shedding.:yep:

images

I ordered this from bluebeez.com yesterday! :yep:

I do a combination tea rinse -- black, nettle and horsetail teas. I had no excessive, seasonal shedding this year. My shedding season is late Summer, early Fall.

Also, I didn't know coffee could help with shedding. I've been doing coffee oil hot oil treatments. Maybe that helped, too.

Also, I didn't know coffee could help with shedding. I've been doing coffee oil hot oil treatments. Maybe that helped, too.

I had bad postpartum shedding. A few women suggested coffee rinses along with the garlic conditioner/supplements in the pregnancy section. It worked for me.:grin:

I've been able to stop my shedding by doing weekly rinses with black tea. I use 4 to 5 bags of black tea (any brand as long as it's not flavored) for about 1.5 to 2 cups of water. The more concentrated the better. I boil the tea bags for a few minutes and let it steep on the stove over night or for several hours. Some people wash or co wash their hair than pour the back tea over their hair than deep condition. I found for me that it works better when I don't rinse it out. So what I do is I co wash and Dc, than I put my black tea rinse in a spray bottle and saturate my hair and than style as usual. It stopped my hair shedding dramatically.

I need to find something because my hair is shedding extensively. like asap. my hair is already thin and I am losing more and more. Lord help.

How do you know how much shedding is too much shedding? I wash my hair once a week and to me I lose an excess amount of hair during the washing/drying process. I do have several underprocessed sections, could that be why I'm losing so much hair? Guess I will up the tea rinses and see about the Nutrine conditioner..

How do you know how much shedding is too much shedding? I wash my hair once a week and to me I lose an excess amount of hair during the washing/drying process. I do have several underprocessed sections, could that be why I'm losing so much hair? Guess I will up the tea rinses and see about the Nutrine conditioner..

The garlic shampoo by nutrine is really cheap like 3.50 I use that when I see excessive shedding than I use a moisturizing conditioner and then wsh it out with some different shampoo works wonders

Back