Shed hair that is broken

mkd

I know the title sounds crazy but I wasn't sure exactly how to word this thread. I noticed last night as I was detangling, a few short broken hairs but they all had a white bulb on them so they were going to shed anyway. Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if they are shed strands that I broke as I was combing and brushing.

I get loose strands, shed and maybe broken - I'm just not sure anymore since I'm transitioning. But the loose strands just hang on at the end, if you know what I mean.

I've noticed it too. They could have broken during the detangling process or previously. You never can tell.

Yep, I've been experiencing this too!! I'm shedding like crazy right now so lately I've been ignoring it as to not let it stress me out!! I've been doing braid outs and I only comb my hair on wash days (2x per week) so I know alot of it is naturally shed hair. But I have no explanation for the broken shedded hair. Again, I'm at an ignore stage because I very easily get frustrated with my hair!!! (I'm a slow grower and it's very, very hard to deal with that!!!)

Back